Good News for Eros Investors

Discussion in 'Stock Picks Of Wizards' started by Ravikumar, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Ravikumar

Ravikumar Active Member

'Bajirao Mastani' Outscores 'Dilwale' As Fourth-Highest Hindi Grosser in India
    Eros will definitely clock good results this quarter. Stock got beaten up badly and this is a good time to enter.

This is based on my own view. Please analyze and take your own risks.

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  2. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

3. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

Last quarterly result shows some weakness , now it is in a bearish phase ,continuous selling pressure is there , strong demand area is at Rs. 100 - 130 levels strong Supply area is at Rs. 250-275
    if you want to buy this stock wait for next quarter result and if it is better slowly accumulate at that time ....
    until wait and watch ...if it break down Rs. 100 , it may went to very long term bearish phase

4. Ravikumar

Ravikumar Active Member

Riteish Deshmukh and Nargis Fakhri have collaborated for the first time for Eros International's upcoming venture "Banjo".

The musical drama also marks the debut of National award-winning Marathi director Ravi Jadhav in Bollywood.

"Banjo is a musical drama focusing on Banjo music bands and their struggle to survive in today's world.

"Though we all know banjo bands exist in our society since several decades but nobody ever thought of making a film focusing on them. Eros is proud to have associated with director Ravi Jadhav who has come up with a brilliant story around Banjo players," producer Krishika Lulla said in a statement.

Jadhav said he was toying with the idea of making the film on street musicians from last four years.

"I'm grateful to Eros for their support to make this film. I narrated the subject of Banjo to Riteish almost four years back and he suggested me to make this film in Hindi. I'm thankful to Eros to have fulfilled my dream - Banjo!," he said.

The first shooting schedule for "Banjo" commenced in Mumbai.

Source: Business Standard

5. w4wealth

do you expect banjo to do great business.?

6. Ravikumar

Ravikumar Active Member

We cannot say at this point of time.....need to wait..

7. w4wealth

do you know abt their other projects?

8. Ravikumar

Ravikumar Active Member

9. Ravikumar

Ravikumar Active Member

EROS completes the internal review and the stock definitely goes for a re-rating. Awaiting for next quarterly results....EROS getting positive signals in NASDAQ is good for the company...

10. Ravikumar

Ravikumar Active Member

R Balki's recent release Ki and Ka might have received mixed reviews from the critics but the drama has won the hearts of the audience. Arjun Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor-starrer, which minted Rs 7 crore on its opening day, has been able to pull the crowd to the theatre in the consecutive days as well.

Within three days of its release, the romantic drama has minted Rs 25 crore. In fact, Ki and Ka has the third highest opening weekend of 2016 so far.

Kareena Kapoor Khan and Arjun Kapoor’s unusual love story Ki & Ka might have failed to make an impact with the critics, but at the box office the film is faring well. In its first weekend the movie made Rs 25.23 crores making it the third highest grosser this year. Akshay Kumar starrer Airliftcontinues to be on top spot, while Alia Bhatt, Fawad Khan and Sidharth Malhotra’s Kapoor & Sonstook the second spot. Akshay – Nimrat Kaur’s movie made a whopping RS 44.30 crore, Fawad,Alia and Sidharth’s film was way behind with 26. 35 crore. Kareena and Arjun’s movie is running pretty close on number 3.

11. w4wealth

:)good news.

12. MARTAND SHARMA

MARTAND SHARMA New Member

Not advisable to invest in stocks where corporate governance issues exist. Would be a gamble. Many other good and safe opportunities available i.e. HDFC, L&T etc. Would be happy to hear from Mr.Rama Murthy some mid-cap ideas. I have chosen DTIL, Srikalahasti pipes and HCC for medium to long term.

13. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

I don't track,but from my experince I have made some rules for me. Here rule to never invest in compnies having corporate governess issues may apply to me.Although being a entertainment company it may perform so any body investing in this must put stopless of -20% to keep him protected by 80% in case of any further issues of corporate governess .

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  14. Ravikumar

Ravikumar Active Member

"Sardar Gabbar Singh" (Sardaar/ SGS) has made superb collection at the worldwide box office on the first day and become the biggest opener for Pawan Kalyan. It has also become the second biggest opener Telugu film of all time.

"Sardar Gabbar Singh" is a sequel to "Gabbar Singh" and the huge success of its prequel had created a lot of expectation from the film. Its promos generated a lot of curiosity about the movie and the makers did massive publicity for it. The huge hype surrounding it helped all the tickets for its opening weekend get sold out in 12 hours after advance booking opened. Trade experts predict it to get a historical opening.

The Pawan Kalyan and Kajal Aggarwal starrer was premiered in 300 screens in North America Thursday night and it has got massive response everywhere. With its ticket price increased to $25 in some centres, "Sardar Gabbar Singh" collected $615,853 (Rs. 4.10 crore) at the U.S. box office. Taran Adarsh tweeted, "Telugu film #SardaarGabbarSingh embarks on a FABULOUS start in USA. Thu previews $ 615,853 [₹ 4.10 cr]. @Rentrak."

The makers held benefit shows for "Sardar Gabbar Singh" in many cinema halls across Andhra Pradesh, Telangana (AP/T) and Karnataka. This shows started as early as 1 a.m. Friday and the film witnessed unprecedented crowd inside as well as outside the theatres everywhere in the wee hours. The madness and craze for "Gabbar Singh" was seen at its peak in these shows.

The response for the regular morning shows was fantabulous and many cinema halls displayed the housefull boards hours before the screening began. It was a big disappointment for many Mega fans, who did not get the tickets for the first show on the first day. The movie ran to packed house in almost every cenrtres across three Southern states.

The figures are still being compiled and the makers are expected to reveal the numbers very soon. But if we are to go by early estimates, "Sardar Gabbar Singh" has collected approximately Rs. 27.50 crore gross at the AP/T box office on the first day. Its global gross total collection is likely to cross Rs. 35 crore. The film is estimated to have earned Rs. 21.67 crore for its distributors of AP/T.

With its AP/T collection Rs. 10.75 crore, "Attarintiki Daredi" (AD) was the biggest opener for Pawan Kalyan. Now, "Sardar Gabbar Singh" shattered this record and became the biggest opener for him. It has also turned out to be the second biggest Tollywood opener of all time after "Bahubali." It has also smashed the non-Bahubali record held by "Srimanthudu," which collected Rs. 14.72 crore gross at AP/T box office on the first day.

Here is the area-wise collection of "Attarintiki Daredi," "Srimanthudu," "Baahubali" and "Sardar Gabbar Singh." These numbers are collected through various sources and they may vary from the actual stats released by the makers.

Area AD Srimanthudu SGS Bahubali
    Nizam Rs 3.28 crore Rs 5.09 crore Rs 5.85 crore Rs 6.3 crore
    Ceeded Rs 2.10 crore Rs 2.11 crore Rs 4.15 crore Rs 5.08 crore
    Vizag Rs 0.87 crore Rs 1.05 crore Rs 2.01crore Rs 1.75 crore
    G East Rs 1.05 crore Rs 1.51 crore Rs 2.14 crore Rs 1.98 crore
    G West Rs 0.76 crore Rs 1.70 crore Rs 2.70 crore Rs 2.57 crore
    Krishna Rs 0.71 crore Rs 1.07 crore Rs 1.51 crore Rs 1.25 crore
    Guntur Rs 1.40 crore Rs 1.68 crore Rs 2.46 crore Rs 2.54 crore
    Nellore Rs 0.58 crore Rs 0.51 crore Rs 0.85 crore Rs 0.93 crore
    APT Total Rs 10.75 crore Rs 14.72 crore Rs 21.67 crore Rs 22.40 crore

Eros will turn around in the coming quarters with 2 big hits...

15. Ravikumar

Ravikumar Active Member

Eros is rocking back in the past 2 days...hoping for very good results and higher upmove in this counter...

16. MoneyWorks4ME

MoneyWorks4ME Active Member

This stock may be a good pick at these levels. Trading below discount price. Well check the financials here.

17. Ravikumar

Ravikumar Active Member

Movie "24" released today....lets see how it does during this weekend.

18. Ravikumar

Ravikumar Active Member

Movie "24" did better than "Theri" . Good weekend collection. Movie review is very good.

19. Ravikumar

Ravikumar Active Member

Investor presentation on EROS. Quite interesting and it should do very well from next quarters.

20. Ravikumar

Ravikumar Active Member

Presentation is here.

Attached Files:

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.