Hi All, 'newest' member needs advice

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by saashy, Jan 26, 2016.

1. saashy

saashy Member

Would want to invest in 3 out of these 8 stocks that I have short listed ( my own reading, tracking trends etc. )
    Request respective views to pick 3 or 4, out of the following 8
    1. Ion Exchange
    2. Plastibends
    3. Capital First
    4. Syngene
    5. Network 18
    6. AllCrago
    7. Essel Propack
    8. Time Techno

Thanks ..

2. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

very good decision to invest in 3-4 stocks only among 8 of your favourites. which are the stocks in your portfolio?
    capital first,ion exchange, allcargo is what i think good.

3. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

All eight stocks are good stocks. Best three are Capf, AllCargo and Essel Propack. Each from difft sector so there is diversification. In Pharma why you have picked Syngene it is better to pick stock with predicted earnings like JB Chem, Ajanta, Shilpa. Syngene is doing contract research for other Pharma cos.

4. Parin Gala

Parin Gala A long term investor

Out of the ones you have shortlisted I would pick only essel propack and Capital First.

Pantaloon Retail, Sudarshan chemicals, Repro India, Granules, Heritage Foods, Shemaroo, and Nandan Denim are some other stocks which look good to me personally.

w4wealth likes this.
  5. Srouta Mukherjee

There is good report on Essel Propack in ET

ET Intelligence Group: Not many consumer-related, mid-sized companies are trading as cheap as 12 times earnings in the current market, especially if they're witnessing strong earnings growth. Essel PropackBSE 5.02 %, which manufactures tubes for companies such as ColgateBSE -1.76 %, L'Oreal, DaburBSE -1.53 %, HULBSE 1.16 %, GilletteBSE 0.38 % and P&G, is one such stock.

Smaller packaging companies such as Huhtamaki PPL and TCPL have been fancied stocks for the last few years an ..

Read more at:
    https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/50710604.cms

Parin Gala likes this.
  6. Srouta Mukherjee

Instead of AllCargo you can consider TCI because of demerger benefit to stock (Xpress division will be demerged and lead to value unlocking)

7. saashy

saashy Member

Thanks so much .

8. saashy

saashy Member

Thanks to everyone for making efforts and sharing their views till now. Just to add couple of points - 1. I have a 1 year+ horizon, that can further stretch if that is what it needs. 2. I actually started with a larger list that also included IIFL, SJVN, Nandan Denim, Shilpi Cable, SRF, Dish TV , Polyplex and Garware Polyester; in case I opted to filter any stock that possibly I should reconsider. Thanks ...

9. prashant

prashant Active Member

I will opt for Capital first in this list for sure .
    Thanks & Regards,
    Prashant

10. saashy

saashy Member

Thanks All for sharing your views. I opted to pick Essel, Capital First, Allcargo and JB Chemicals.

Additionally request views on all / any of these, if you are tracking - Polyplex, Shilpi Cable and Network 18. Will help me.
    Thanks a lot.