L&TFH should I hold it or sell?

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Narsimha .Hyd, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Narsimha .Hyd

Narsimha .Hyd New Member

Stock name : L&TFH
    Quantity : 30
    Buy price : 73
    Purchase date : 22/01/2015

Should I hold it or sell?

2. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Hold. It is good company with good management.

kharb likes this.
  3. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Here again, I suggest you jot down a paragraph on why you bought the stock in the first place. That will help you get an understanding of the pros and cons of the stock and help in decision making.

4. bholu

bholu Active Member

I just want to say that investing such a small amount is not going to be very fruitful...there are better stocks available in the market but since you already bought it hold, things are looking up for financial infra sector...its better to think before you buy....not after you buy

5. GrowthInvestorTrader

GrowthInvestorTrader New Member

Hold it! Short term target 70.

For long term, they some talks about a banking licence, so hold.

6. Elric

Elric New Member

Since the amount is not very large, you can probably cut your loss. Investing 2000 bucks in a stock is not going to change your life. I am not being disrespectful here.

If you think you can spare that kind of money, say every week or month, it is better to invest in any open ended top performing diversified mutual fund. You will not feel the need to reevaluate the stock every day or week.

Let us say you wanted to choose a banking stock, think of the bank you would most likely approach to open your bank account or take a loan from. SBI, HDFC Bank, ICICI, Axis may be ones that come to your mind. So would these also not be the banks to increase their business quickly and deliver stock performance? I am over simplifying here. You will then need to look at whether these banks are growing their lending books etc, their net interest margins, their CASA ratios. There are just so many things.

If all of this bores you or you can't spare the time - stick to mutual funds for 3-5 years. They can be very rewarding.

7. Arjun

Arjun Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Staff Member

Very sensible advice. I think it could apply to most of us :)