1. jalaj.anand

jalaj.anand New Member

Large caps : TCS(@10%) ,LNT(@10%),HCL TECH (@10%),NMDC (@5%),LUPIN(@5%),DR REDDY (@2%),ITC (5%),BHEL/ONGC/OIL/PFC/REC/LIC HF/ICICI(@15%TOTAL)
    MID/SMALL CAP GRANUAL (5%) SUVEN (@4%)KITEX (4%)
    YES BANK(@4%),DCB/morpane/pnb gilt/canfin housing/capfirst/Geojit/dhanuka(rest),
    Pl advice on my stock selection.

2. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

I can count 25 stocks. Of this, three stocks take up 30% of the value. The PSU stocks make a dominant part of the portfolio. Amongst sectors, Info-Tech appears to have nearly 20% while Pharma has about 17%. The rest is scattered amongst banks, capital goods, infra etc.

What's the thinking behind the allocation? The diversification protects the portfolio but it can also dilute the returns.

Also, if you are relatively young, a "riskier" approach by leaning towards well-known small and mid-cap stocks may be better in the long run. What is your view?

3. stockjeet18

stockjeet18 Member

I think that we should not invest in companies which enjoy lot of govt subsidies and incentives. Textile Industry gets lot. So I doubt that if govt stops giving subsidies and incentives then it may reduce their Net Profit numbers. I dont know whether my thought is right or wrong

4. jalaj.anand

jalaj.anand New Member

Thanks for your views,naturally the aim of coming in the stock market is creating the wealth ,but as you said over diversification also dilute the return I am trying to reduce the no of stocks from my portfolio, actually there were 50 scripts
    in my portfolio slowly it is coming down ,answer to your next
    Question ,I am 50 years ,so can take risks too, so what would we your suggestion in which stocks I should make my positions and in which I should reduce,I have thought of entering Mayur Unicoaters and Kesar terminal to add in my portfolio what is your view.
    Thanks in advance.

5. Parin Gala

Parin Gala A long term investor

If you are 50 years you should not take risks sir. You should go for tried and tested largecaps for stable wealth creation.

6. jalaj.anand

jalaj.anand New Member

That's why I have I have allotted my 50% in large caps but I know that if wealth is to be created I will have to take some risks,bcs I know share market turns up/down every 8 year on average ( 1992 ,2000,2008) so I have still two cycles to go bfr
    Retirement ie 2016,2024.