Need View on Portfolio

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by deveshnankani, Oct 4, 2016.

  1. deveshnankani

    deveshnankani New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2016
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi All,

    Below is my portfolio and require your valuable advice - review/add-on/exit/hold etc...

    HDFC
    Lupin
    ITC
    RBL Bank
    IDFC Bank
    Federal Bank
    Mannarpuram
    DHFL
    Dish TV
    TWL
    Marksans Pharma
    Anuh Pharma
    Nitin Spinners
    Tv Today
    HSIL
    Ganesh Benzoplast
    Sudarshan Chemicals
    TCPL Packaging
    Cosmo Films
    PPAP
    NOCIL
    Lloyd Eng
    FSL
    Donear Industries
    Vikas ecotech
    Aksh Optifibre
    Gravita India

    The portfolio is too heavy towards mid-small cap. Need your advice to re balance with some large cap and multibaggers.. I'm looking for holding period of at least 15-20 years

    Looking forward to your valuable support
     
  2. om sangani

    om sangani New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2016
    Messages:
    25
    Likes Received:
    8
    would be better if u give ur purchase price and % allocation towards the script
     
  3. deveshnankani

    deveshnankani New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2016
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    upload_2016-10-4_20-3-0.png
    Allocation Base - 2lac
     
  4. G_One

    G_One Member

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2016
    Messages:
    81
    Likes Received:
    36
    Is there a reason for 30/shares with 2 lac investment? That wont generate any good return for you. Concentrate it to 10 odd stocks which you have maximum conviction on. Looks very over diversified to me

    Cheers
    G1
     
  5. deveshnankani

    deveshnankani New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2016
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    I completely agree with you hence seeking views what should be dropped and kept from the list
     
  6. om sangani

    om sangani New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2016
    Messages:
    25
    Likes Received:
    8
    Agree with @G_One and also feel your are over weight on banks well that may be your personal strategy but if you overweight on them its better to have 2 banking stocks instead of 4 and u seem to be low on EPC and infra companies.
     
  7. kharb

    kharb Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2015
    Messages:
    1,018
    Likes Received:
    733
    In start of making long term portfolio there is nothing wrong to have many stocks ,even upto 35 ,if selection is done after proper analysis.But you start reducing it after one year.First eleminte those in which bad governess issues comes in picture .Then after two years eleminte those which have failed on both fronts,no aprecition in price and poor quartely results .So after two years portfolio cleaning operation start.You start reducing one stock per quarter after two years till you reach figure of twenty.Also no harm in adding new stocks if good oportunity arises,but ensure that you will add only one stock for two stock elemintion after two years as you are in process of down sizing .When you reach at 20 ,that will be ideal portfolio.Now onward you can add any new good stock after proper study,but you have to shunt out one bad one to make place for that .Any fresh money or money raised after shunting out poor performers has to be invested only in your top 20 winners.Dont invest more than 10% in one stock,but if any stock due to appreciation becomes more than 10%, let it be there as that stock may be your real winner or multibagger.Dont invest less than 1% in any stock ,but always buy any stock atleast in four parts at different times to average your price.
     
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  8. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

    RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2015
    Messages:
    3,687
    Likes Received:
    2,009
    @deveshnankani ji ,
    My choice :
    Investment Amount 60 % .... Remaining 40 % maintain Cash Position Due to high market valuations , slowly
    infuse in corrections.....

    1.HDFC (5%)
    2.Lupin (5%)
    3.Reliance Ind(4%)
    4.Hero Motocorp(4%)
    5.LT(4%)
    6.ITC (4%)
    7.Hind Uniliver (4%)
    8.ONGC(3%)
    9.Grasim (3%)
    10.GMDC (3%)
    11.IDFC Bank (3%)12.RBL Bank (3%)
    13.Rallis (2.5%)
    14.Berger Paint (2.5%)15.Sudarshan Chemicals (2%)
    16.HSIL (2%)17.Voltas (2%)18.Bharat Forge (2 %)
    19.Anuh Pharma (1%)
    20.Cosmo Films (1%)

    Note : It is not final selection ...you may change according to Risk apatite and Research

    ALL THE BEST SIR
     
  9. deveshnankani

    deveshnankani New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2016
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thank you everyone for all your valuable inputs and view.
     
Loading...