Netflix in India

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by BombayBoy, Jan 7, 2016.

1. BombayBoy

BombayBoy Well-Known Member

Netflix India

watching your favourite TV shows or movies on Netflix with an Indian IP was impossible and if you were still interested - VPN & Proxies

finally Netflix is available in India and plans start at ₹500 a month and a free monthly trial to begin with

Apple Music is also available. Looks like Jio has my money before it's launched!

Time to Netflix and chill :p

[​IMG]

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  2. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

What about internet connections? Jio plans are there yet? I think high speed 5Mpbs will be minimum requirement for HD quality.

3. Srouta Mukherjee

It will have to be unlimited package which may be very expensive from Jio.

4. BombayBoy

Srouta internet speeds will be a problem, i've a 15 Mbps and always run out of allotted high speed data and end up with 1Mbps speed :( that is why i'll get a Jio connection once it is launched

an acquaintance from my apartment works in the telecom division with RIL and i asked him how much will you guys delay Jio and when is it launching, he was confident of a 3-4 months roll-out and everything in the market also points to a launch in Q2 CY17

the USP of Jio will be affordable data considering the massive investments they have put in and also in the content that they have acquired and how they changed the telecom sector for India by offering a mobile call at a rate cheaper than a postcard!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  5. Srouta Mukherjee

Here’s everything you need to know about Netflix India launch
    Netflix has finally launched in India, and users can choose from three plans with prices starting from Rs 500 per month. While the arrival created the expected excitement, it is slowly subsiding as users are seeing the reality after signing up.

In a price conscious market like India, Netflix has done well to keep the pricing of the plans on par with the US prices. While subscribers will get unlimited access to all Netflix movies and TV shows, including Indian content, the reality is far from the truth. Users have noticed that Netflix India currently only has around 630 titles on offer, which is way below what is offer in the US – 4,830 titles.

https://www.bgr.in/news/heres-everything-you-need-to-know-about-netflix-india-launch/

San8422 likes this.
  6. BombayBoy

The current content is absolute crap. It has Bollywood movies too. Disappointment.

7. Kamalesha

Kamalesha New Member

Netflix is that the world’s high video streaming service that permits users to observe content on screens starting from sensible phones to a smart tv. It works with a spread of different devices like PlayStation and Apple TV, lease users stream directly onto larger screen. Netflix is additionally the creator of plenty of original, created for the net content, a lot of of that is currently in high-resolution immoderate HD.