once fancied now.....

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by ashish.garg, Mar 29, 2015.

1. ashish.garg

ashish.garg New Member

Hi everyone,plz advice is there any value in educomp and guj nre at these level.I heard some news poonawala buying core education.

2. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Well I've come to the conclusion that it is best to stick to well-known stocks with proven track record of performance rather than try to bargain-hunt amongst the "fallen angels". Stocks like Educomp and Guj NRE are also operators' favourites. They float these rumours of some big investor buying, get the retail investors interested and then dump the stock.

So, we have to be very, very cautious of trusting such stocks.

3. ashish.garg

ashish.garg New Member

Thanx mam for ur view,also wanted ur view on
    1 JP infra portfolio holding
    2 Mahindra holidays ,Parag parikh ,axis,BNP pariba,invested but biggest underperformer since listing.
    3 EID PARRY,very deeply undervalued.
    4 TATA global beverage,
    GMR INFRA
    Holding all these since last 18 month,constitute almost 5% of total port.but biggest underperformed in this bull run.Still bullish on some scripts plz suggest what to do

4. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

JP Infra and GMR Infra are stocks that I am not comfortable with. I think JP Infra was in the news recently for selling off its core assets in a bid to reduce leverage. GMR Infra is in the same boat. Both need huge amounts of capital and are forced to bid for projects which may not be remunerative.

The other stocks are fundamentally strong. They may have under-performed in the short-term but that doesn't matter. Mahindra Holidays, EID Parry & Tata Global Beverages especially are stocks where one does not have to worry unnecessarily.

5. emmanuel leorn

emmanuel leorn New Member

Try and go for reputed Stocks.... Here are my picks for the Long term 2-3 years for bumper returns :

1. CIPLA
    2. SUN PHARMA
    3. TVS MOTORS
    4. EXIDE INDUSTRIES
    5. AMARA RAJA BATTERIES
    6. APOLLO TYRES
    7. SUVEN LIFE SCIENCES
    8. SBI
    9. ICICI BANK
    10. HDFC BANK
    11. YES BANK
    12. AXIS BANK

Segments Ive covered are tyres , Automobiles , Pharma , banks which are all safe sectors.... Except Sun pharma every other Script is priced around rs 280- rs 900 ..... Accumulate like a RD for atleast 2 years and encash bumper returns.....

I Expect all the above mentioned Stocks to deliver atleast 3-4 times Return on Investment over the next 3 years

6. stockjeet18

stockjeet18 Member

Why do u hav large exposure in banking space ? ...