Phoenix Lamps - Does it have the potential to become a multi-bagger

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Krishnan P S, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Krishnan P S

Krishnan P S New Member

Please read a recent report from HDFC Securities report on Phoenix Lamps and a 2015 report on the potential of Phoenix Lamps to become a multi-bagger

Phoenix Lamps at current levels looks interesting. I have a couple of concerns on Phoenix Lamps, and they are around the Rs 70 crore tax liability. Is there any update on this tax issue?

The other concern I have is around how Phoenix is geared to handle the potential revenue loss that could arise on account of the shift in automotive lamps from halogen to LED’s. I don’t expect a significant impact on Phoenix’ Indian business in the near future on account of the shift from halogens to LED’s, but given that Europe contributes to a significant part of Phoenix’s revenues, and current generation vehicles in Europe are fitted with LED’s, I see the aftermarket business for halogen lamps for Phoenix going down in Europe in the next few years

Is there any information available on how Phoenix is going to handle the potential revenue loss that could arise on account of the shift in automotive lamps from halogen to LED’s in Europe aftermarket? Does Phoenix lamps has a plan to manufacture automotive LED lamps

It would also be interesting to get Phoenix management view on what is it that they perceive to be the key revenue drivers for future growth of the halogen lamps business of Phoenix across all segments (OE, aftermarket; India & international market)

Any update and feedback from members of this forum will be very much appreciated

Thanks

P S Krishnan

Attached Files:

2. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

cant say multibagger . stock can give good returns at current price of 94 in next 5 yrs.