Regarding the Short Deliveries of BSE/NSE Trading - please respond

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Kris179, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Kris179

Kris179 New Member

Dear Experts,

Good afternoon!

Could you please let me know what is the short delivery as interpreted by NSE/BSE norms and how is BSE/NSE resolved the issues of Short deliveries.
    What one of my friends informed and I understand on the same is, "if the seller is not having the shares to deliver to the buyer, it is known as short deliveries. In this case, BSE/NSE will be do proper arrangements to purchase the same quantity of shares on an Auction basis and will be delivered to the buyer - and the amount will be debited to the seller".

Whether the above process/procedure is the correct/right method still following by NSE/BSE - please be confirmed - otherwise please be posted on this matter in details.

Thanking you in advance
    with regards
    Krishnan

NB: I am facing a short delivery (five thousand shares) issues, and the broker is telling that they could not deliver those shares and so they will credit the purchased amount - which I felt not fair/right method at the moment, since those shares been already appreciated significantly, about 10% after my purchase!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  2. D Mohan

D Mohan Member

I assume that you had 5,000 shares in your demat account, when you placed the "Sell" order. I also assume that the status of these shares were "free" and not "hold". So when the broker executed your "sell" order, he must have transferred your 5,000 shares from your demat account to his demat account (your depository must have confirmed the debit via sms) the same day evening. So when the 5,000 shares were transferred to the broker's demat, why could he not deliver them to the exchange?

3. Kris179

Kris179 New Member

Dear Mohan Sir,
    Thank you very much for your response.
    Actually I got the message from the broker on the third day (T+2) regarding the short delivery .... And I have bought this , not for the point of intra-day or short term gain BUT to keep hold, but the next 2 days it has been appreciated about 10% .....

Regards
    Kris