Request review of my Long Term portfolio

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Ashutosh Aggarwal, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Ashutosh Aggarwal

Ashutosh Aggarwal New Member

Good Afternoon All.

I am relatively new to investing (about 2 years now), and am into the same for a long term horizon of 5years +.

During the span of two years, have created a PF of 12 scrips with the following weightage :

Repco Home : 20%
    Granules India : 15%
    Gruh Finance : 12%
    Bosch : 12%
    Page : 10%
    PI Industries : 10%
    Tata Elexsi : 5%
    MCX : 4%
    Dynamatic Tech : 4%
    DCB Bank : 3%
    Motherson Sumi : 3%
    SPARC Ltd : 2%

I am looking forward for a review on the above. Thanks.

2. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

Well I wouldn't like to comment on the portfolio as a whole or the sectors in which you have invested but I like the selection of your companies. You have a broadly mid cap based portfolio having companies that are having a decent growth. I am so tempted to suggest you that in future you can buy 2-3 largecap stocks just to give a stability to your portfolio but if you can manage the risk, I think the choice of companies by you is excellent

Ashutosh Aggarwal likes this.
  3. Gautam

Gautam Member

Very good selection of companies but for most of these companies valuations have already run up quite high. I would say offload some of these, and buy some good fundamental stocks at reasonable valuations as you are a long term investor

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
    Ashutosh Aggarwal likes this.
  4. MoneyWorks4ME

MoneyWorks4ME Active Member

Very truly said Gautam. There are good companies available at discount. PSU Banks being one of the them

5. dineshkapoor27

dineshkapoor27 Active Member

I would suggest that you either pick Motherson or Bosch (both are great companies though) but running into steep valuations and from the same sector. I would suggest that you replace either one above with some other sector leader (Centuryply, Kajaria, Maruti, Asian Paints, HUL), they all have steep valuations too but different sectorally. Also replace Page with Sutlej Textiles or KPR mills (party has just started in those). Replace SPARC with a consumer/cement story (Voltas or ACC). My opinion is that diversify so your portfolio doesn't take a hit it sector slows down.