stock in the tourism industry

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by sandeep1802, Oct 18, 2015.

1. sandeep1802

sandeep1802 Active Member

Modi govt is emphasiging so much in tourism sector but no stocks is running in this hope.... Can this sector be future multibagger...if yes then what will be the pick....

2. Fun_Da_Mentalist

Fun_Da_Mentalist Active Member

Despite all the hype about tourism in India, it is quite evident that our tourism ecosystem and infrastructure is in shambles; we don't have a tourist services mindset ( despite cliches of athiti Devo bhava)

Given these issues, growth in tourism will always be sub optimal. Having said that, given such a low base there will be the impression of significant movement and growth.

One can play the tourism angle thru aviation stocks and hotel stocks.

Aviation is now a reasonable space given that their largest variable cost is in secular decline.

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  3. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Aviation is a play more on crude rather than tourism.I am invested in Indian hotels. But they have performed poorly in past,but now with change in CEO,they may focus more on India and Indian economy revival may help them.I expect them to perform better after next two years.More over with stretched balance sheet of competetrs and some new realty players entrants,competion is expected to slow down for them.

4. Fun_Da_Mentalist

Fun_Da_Mentalist Active Member

Yes you are right. Aviation is a play on crude primarily. But you can also expect inbound tourism into India to go up. also, I clearly see destination routes opening up to parts of India that were considered unlikely in the past. The real problem there though is that our quality of airports In these destinations are so terrible they shut down often

5. dineshkapoor27

dineshkapoor27 Active Member

I feel that in an India where there will be young couples with some disposable income, will be the bulk of the users of the tourism industry. I find Mahindra holidays and in hotel chains byke hospitality as one of the safer and potential multibagger opportunities. Another seemingly risky but interesting bet can be Panoramic Universal. Those guys are expanding but I dont see their bottom line improving a lot. Maybe a really long term stock, but worth looking into.

Fun_Da_Mentalist likes this.
  6. sandeep1802

sandeep1802 Active Member

Thnx guys...but no investor isrecommending this sector..,, govt want to grow this sector manifold but results are not showing this....but yes in future tourism and hospitality sector can be prove multibagger,

7. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Nilesh Shah of Envision has recommended Mahindra Holidays in latest interview:

So that is one. Second is, with better air connectivity to some of the smaller cities and smaller towns, getting to some of those exotic locations can be easier and convenient that itself can basically be a demand driver. Third, of course, with interest rates coming down, the tendency, the affordability goes up.

And fourth, this is probably one of the best ways to discover India. I mean we all basically go out for vacations but we never think so much of those vacations which are of four ..

Read more at:
    https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Fun_Da_Mentalist likes this.
  8. Sachin pathak

Sachin pathak Active Member

One current problem is our mindset to holiday abroad. Maybe poor infrastructure, accessibility etc contribute to this mindset. So this needs to improve. Only then we are firmly on the tourist destination map with both inbound and reduced outbound occuring simultaneously. Long haul before we get to being a top tourist destination.

But still the inbound will see good growth ( given the low base).

But overall no fireworks from this sector.

9. Sachin pathak

Sachin pathak Active Member

Potential yes...... Probability of tapping it : low to medium

10. Satyajit mishra

Satyajit mishra New Member

TOURISM FINANCE.

11. Satyajit mishra

Satyajit mishra New Member

In October 4th RJ COMPANY BUY 4LK SHARED F TOURISM FINANCE.