which company is the next infosys- software sector

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by w4wealth, Jan 16, 2016.

1. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

Infosys as we all know is the mother of all multibaggers created in india. it gave 6000 time returns in 15 years time. which company do you think will be the next infosys? share ideas with good reasons.

2. Guru Vachaal

Guru Vachaal Let's discuss the fundamentals..

Zensar Technologies may be the one.

w4wealth likes this.
  3. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Whoosh! I think times were different. Beginning of tech boom. Is it possible for another stock to do it? Cant think of single stock capable of this achievement. Even other Cos of that period in same sector unable to achieve that. But many stocks can become 10-bagger & 100-bagger over 25 years IMHO.

4. agupta12

agupta12 New Member

Now possible now ... Infosys used to be darling of all investors...Infosys were able to deliver bcz of early entry into software industry and that was the phase of migration. IT bought a revolution into technology/modernisation. Charm of IT sector as such is over....its just like a BAU now... need to think to any sector which has the ability to change next generation like IT did it in last 25 years. Off course IT will still grow but need to shift from traditional IT company to new age IT like 8k mile, Kelton etc those are working on future of IT.

w4wealth and Srouta Mukherjee like this.
  5. w4wealth

8k miles is very good idea. i think so.

6. prashant

prashant Active Member

Dear agupta12,
    I don't think IT is over now . Second wave of IT is coming soon . Only thing to watch is which indian product companies will look for Pie in cloud technologies, data center, data analytics, security, mobile advertising , networking etc . To imagine future of IT, every device including TV,Fridge in our home will be connected to internet, cloud data centers will grow exponentially . We will implement networking concepts in power distribution, traffic and wherever possible(smart cities) . Agri + cloud computing . Opportunities are huge everywhere, now it depends which Indian IT company will make it big . But we should not expect another infosys from traditional outsourcing/service IT companies .

Thanks & Regards,
    Prashant

Srouta Mukherjee and agupta12 like this.
  7. agupta12

agupta12 New Member

yup ... i agree with you Prashant

8. w4wealth

yes... general it services wont work in these times. niche sector players will be in limelight. any ideas from these area???

9. Warrenbuff77

Warrenbuff77 Member

Folks, IT big wave will come soon. The companies engaged in IOT- Internet of things & Cloud computing can grow huge. But i dont have much info about indian companies engaged in this. If anyone knows pls tell. Let us analyse the company funda.

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  10. dineshkapoor27

dineshkapoor27 Active Member

Guys, I am from the tech sector and what I see is that product companies make much more money than the consulting/outsourcing companies because the margins are much higher. Look at Infy, TCS and then look at Apple, MS etc. I think you can place bets on product companies which can grow alot. I would suggest to look at Intellect Design in BFSI space, Tata Elxsi for IoT etc. Cloud computing is also big coming up, but there are no product companies listed. I would also look at AGC Networks, Rolta for different domain expertise that they are building up. I am bullish on AGC because of its emphasis on Cyber security, private clouds and communication which I think are also huge areas coming up in the future.

11. Farhan Ghumra

Farhan Ghumra Active Member

Check for Ramco Systems. They have cloud products like CRM On Cloud, HRM [Human Capital Management] On Cloud. SAP is already well established in such domain.

Disclosure: I am neither invested in that nor tracking it.

12. dineshkapoor27

@Farhan Ghumra Thanks for this. Looks like a good product company. But the products that I see are built on top of a cloud architecture. So it is not a cloud provider company like Amazon, but an application provider which has built HCM software on top of a cloud infrastructure. Nevertheless, the company looks good and is from a good group.

13. Farhan Ghumra

Farhan Ghumra Active Member

@dineshkapoor27 ofcourse they have made products on top of cloud providers. To create next Amazon, MS Azure or Google Cloud Computing is too difficult. I don't think there's any cloud provider listed company.

14. darth

darth Active Member

So if cloud is the next big thing and there isnt any cloud provider listed company ( in india i presume), why not buy amazon or google or anyother on Nasdaq?

are you guys able to identify any nasdaq listed good names?

15. dineshkapoor27

I have identified AGC networks in India which is providing private cloud options for businesses. 8k miles is also interesting but I am not comfortable with the valuations. I dont track nasdaq stocks. It would be interesting though. How can we buy US stocks from here? Any ideas? I haven't done that before.

16. dineshkapoor27

@Farhan Ghumra one thing that I noticed was that companies like MS, Amazon dont have a data center in India yet. They might plan to set one up though, I dont know much about that. Ricoh India is setting up a data center, althought I cant confirm. Thats another company one can look into.

17. darth

darth Active Member

I believe ICICI bank is one bank which provides this facility. Some other foreign banks facilitate this too so I am told. I just simply get my brother to buy for me...

18. darth

darth Active Member

Ricoh already invested into. Infact just increased exposure.

Currently, Ricoh India has two data centres - one each in New Delhi and Kolkata. And as part of expanding the data centres, the company has proposed Rs 300 crore investment to set up such a centre in Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat, besides expanding the existing centre in Kolkata.

19. prashant

prashant Active Member

Hi Darthji,
    I really don't think making a data center in India will help any Indian company in considerable way .
    For devices which is major expenditure it goes to networking companies like Cisco, for design and deployment of these DCs I really suspect if any Indian companies have expertise up to the mark. As usual most of Indian Service companies will compete for data center maintenance .

I need to know from members how do we find out if particular Product company is listed in India .
    Hope visiting their website will always help . Can some one please provide info on all listed IT companies.
    We can do some reverse engineering to understand the profiles . I know many VC funded startups in Bangalore who are doing amazing things but unfortunately they are not listed ones .

Some time ago there was thread on Big data and analytic related listed companies , pleas eprovide inputs here for innovative IT companies .

Regarding private cloud, I think ultimately most of them using services from Amazon or Microsoft .
    A brief look at AC networks, I feel they are integrator, basically Solution providers for DC, security,networking etc .
    Apart from it , its Parent is Essar which are famous for unethical practices towards minority share holders .

Thanks & Regards,
    Prashant

20. prashant

prashant Active Member

Hi Darth,
    Amazon, Cisco,MS all are good , but elephants can't dance :( .

Can some please let me know if Inmobi is listed(I could not see any reference) ?
    NRNs Son is working with one of the Product statrup, but I suspect it will be a part of Infy ultimately .

Below is bit old articile on Big data companies to watch out .
    https://yourstory.com/2015/02/indian-big-data-companies-startups/

Thanks,
    Prashant