Any one have any info on Granules India

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by SMRAO123, Jan 13, 2016.

1. SMRAO123

SMRAO123 New Member

Hi

I have Granules India shares. Looking at the share, it is so much going down .. any body have any info, pls share..

Thanks

2. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

All stocks are down in midcap space. My portfolio down 2.82% vs Nifty down o.54%.

Marksan down 20% about FDA alert, Lincoln down 15% . All small cap midcap stocks are heavily down today. Big carnage is there in market today. Vidhi, Nitin Spinner, TV Today all good stocks are down by 8 to 10%. Deep cuts :(

3. Karthikeyan

Karthikeyan Member

Someone has commented in Moneycontrol.com yesterday abt observations by Regulation authorities during their recent visit to two of the Granules plants. Please check the comments section of Granules India. Don't know how serious these observations are.

4. Fun_Da_Mentalist

Fun_Da_Mentalist Active Member

This cut is market driven not stock driven. There were two observations by FDA. But that is normal, nothing terribly negative. So if I had free cash - which unfortunately I don't - I would be buying granules, Shilpa Medicare. But carefully, step by step.

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  5. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Even JB Chem is in soup due to NGT ban order.

6. San8422

San8422 Active Member

Stocks of companies which receive FDA warning usually move down and stay down till matter is sorted out. But it takes a lot of time to get matters sorted with the FDA and it seems to be a very difficult process. The US Food and Drug Administration was not satisfied despite Dr Reddy's sending responses nine times from December 15, 2014, to September 15, 2015 -->

https://indianexpress.com/article/b...violations-at-dr-reddys/#sthash.fwbt96gA.dpuf

Be very careful while investing in companies which get into trouble with the FDA.

Karthikeyan likes this.
  7. Fun_Da_Mentalist

Fun_Da_Mentalist Active Member

There is a clear difference between a FDA observation and a FDA warning. Granules got the former, not the later.

Jai likes this.
  8. ssgeethan

ssgeethan Member

Is Granules a BUY at CMP? ... Experts please advise ...

9. vij

vij Member

Granules, Shilpa Medicare and JB Chemicals are on my to-do list.

Granules would be a no brainer but for the recent FDA observations. But again they are said to be minor ones and only caused a nice entry point...

Shilpa medicare looks superb.

JB chemicals looked damn good until the RGT ban on their important plant. The supreme Court has stayed the ban but then asked it to be reviewed once again by RGT, the very same organisation that called for the ban. Could be risky.