Eros International

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by makhija, Dec 18, 2015.

1. makhija

makhija New Member

Recently there have been some reports questioning the accounting practices of Eros International. I would like to know whether is advisible to buy/hold this stock.

2. Guru Vachaal

Guru Vachaal Let's discuss the fundamentals..

I dont personally buy movie making companies stocks as they are tend to do scams and waste shareholders money.

Do you remember Shree ashtavinayak cine vision ltd ?

3. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

The info about whether the accounts are Ok are not is not know so it may be speculative bet at present. Also business model depends on whether movie is hit or flop which cannot be predicted. If big movie with 100 cr budget flops there may be huge loss. I prefer stocks where there is guarantee of steady profits such as JB Chem, CAPF etc.

4. darth

darth Active Member

Sroutaji,

Kindly share your portfolio please....

5. BombayBoy

BombayBoy Well-Known Member

i'd bet a 100 bucks on Srouta's portfolio being TCI, Gati, Heritage, JB Chem, CAPF

am waiting for a little upside in Eros to cut my losses, wouldn't recommend it even if it goes to a 1000, no regrets

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  6. Srouta Mukherjee

I am referring these stocks as examples of steady business models and not like movie business models where there are sudden jerks because of hits and flops. Any other business name can be taken for this purpose such as HDFC Bank, HUL etc where there is predictability of earnings possible.

7. BombayBoy

Srouta,
    I admire your understanding and taking the post in right spirit.

You trading with IIFL, right? How's the service for you? They transferred my account to their central/Thane location. Couldn't sell Indoco when it was trading above Rs 400. Got started with RKSV recently.

8. Parin Gala

Parin Gala A long term investor

Better not go with the stock. (Unless you are a die hard Porinju fan who sees "value''. Inspite of questionable management practices )

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  9. darth

darth Active Member

But He is still to share his portfolio...

10. BombayBoy

or even acknowledge my reply and a query regarding IIFL :(
    i'm disappointed, quitting the forum
    [​IMG]

11. Srouta Mukherjee

My portfolio is in big mess at moment. I am cleaning it up to remove junk. Only problem is that stock which is junk shoots up and then I am confused. E.g. Monte Carlo I have since IPO and it is below IPO price and going down. However, today management says sales for Dec quarter are tripled and stock shoted up 17 %. So, now I am not sure whether Monte Carlo is junk or keep stock. Same issue happened with Kwality. I sold after months of no return. It shot up after that. So I want to decide which is portfolio stock and which is junk and then make disclosure of portfolio. I have many stocks in bits and I want to consolidate into CAPF, Ajanta, Shilpa, JB Chem, GATI, TCI etc total 20 stocks with 5% allocation max.

12. Srouta Mukherjee

So sorry missed the post. I have kotak and IIFL but am using kotak for longtime. IIFL is dormant a/c at present. Kotak is quite good and charging 0.15% for delivery.

13. darth

darth Active Member

No need to feel bad and flustered. The pain exists because you keep revisting stocks which you exit. Be clinical ... . Build a core which gives you that 18-22% return. You have already zeroised on some good names (thumbs up). Decide the 'x%' return you target from the other stock and then just sell when the limit is reached. Then dont cry even if grows multifold after that. You have seen my portfolio... Some duds in an otherwise stellar portfolio. Does it mean i hav not had missed opportunities? Infact numerous such instances but i never fall into the trap of delving into the past. Evenif i reenter a stock again, its like a fresh start.

14. darth

darth Active Member

And I am quitting too..... Have been ABUSED and am certain that this Admin will not ban this abusive member