Who is your investment guru/ role model?

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by w4wealth, Nov 21, 2015.

1. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

Who is your investment guru? and why you like him?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  2. NEERU GUPTA

NEERU GUPTA New Member

My Conviction is my Investment Guru. I like my Conviction because it comes after lot of study, search and analysis.

Srouta Mukherjee and kharb like this.
  3. nprao

nprao New Member

This might sound cliched, but for me it is Warren Buffett. Reading Berkshire's annual reports helped me to become a more focussed investor. Thanks to his teachings I have stopped chasing stocks that are too expensive no matter how good the company fundamentals are. I also have no problem now ignoring "hot" companies that I don't understand. From the last two years I write a one para investment thesis before I buy any stock, and after every quarterly result I compare management commentary against this one para "story". This has helped me to become a high conviction, patient, long term investor and I have been able to ignore day to day price movements.

4. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Sooper statement! You must listen to everyone but develop your own conviction in stock. NEVER Blindly copy anyone. Listen all gurus but understand fundamentals by own research and thinking and develop own conviction :)

NEERU GUPTA likes this.
  5. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

100% Agreed. Nobody can match Warren Buffett. His lectures on youtube are so good that every investor must listen. All other gurus advice including Peter Lynch is part of what WB has first said. He is ultimate guru and all investors must follow and listen to advice from him.

NEERU GUPTA likes this.
  6. w4wealth

ones experience can be his guru . but conviction?

kharb likes this.
  7. NEERU GUPTA

NEERU GUPTA New Member

Unless you have conviction in your stock, you cant be a long term investor. Your patience will be deviating. Without conviction, people start watching price movements of their stock every now and then.

Srouta Mukherjee and nprao like this.
  8. Parin Gala

Parin Gala A long term investor

I don't have any "role model" as such. But I really liked and admired RJ's and Vijay Kedia's investing style a lot. They used to buy gigantic stakes in a couple of companies and make huge returns out of them. They used to concentrate only one or two companies at a time.(eg VK on Cera and Atul. RJ on Titan and Lupin)
    But not anymore. Both of them have cooled down a lot. Both have opened up their portfolios from extremely aggressive concentrated portfolio to a zoo of stocks (especially RJ).
    Currently there is no investor whom I admire.

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  9. Sanjay Kumar

Sanjay Kumar New Member

I like Porinju, even though I dont buy his stocks.
    His investment style is risky and also offers a lot to learn.

10. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Market is flooded with Gurus with heavy shortage of chelas . I consider market and its experince with time as my Guru,which keep on beating me with long stick for wrong decisions and help me in continuous improvement in my analysis process like strict school master of my old days.

yembee and w4wealth like this.
  11. Guru Vachaal

Guru Vachaal Let's discuss the fundamentals..

I started my investment career by getting inspired by Mr. Y Chabria but since then I made lots of books as my Guru. In every 6 months I visit Cannaught Place or Dariyaganj, Delhi to get even more Gurus.

12. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

In my view ,we are all using for Investment or Trading , principles are not made by us , those are all invented by great
    stock market Research scholars , ex: Book value , EPS , PE Ratio , Ratios etc....
    we are using those in our regular stock market activities .... if we introspect our selves , we find so many like that ...so those are all our gurus and give respect to them .... some or may be commercial but they gave all valuable
    information to the world through books ... we are only doing selecting some points and using in our daily trading or investment process through some set of rules .....

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    w4wealth likes this.
  13. Guru Vachaal

Market is similar to what Lord Krishna says in Bhagwat Gita about himself.

The number of dimensions of the Market are countless and each dimension is immeasurable. Every time it gives you a new lesson. No single book or Guru can teach all the aspects of the market.

Hence it will not be wrong to say that one should learn from multiple Great Gurus.

14. w4wealth

well said sir. all lessons are given through books or other investors and we use.

15. w4wealth

guruji can you please shed some light on y chabria?

16. Guru Vachaal

He is an Entrepreneur, Educator and not a high profile investor but always adhere to the fundamentals. I came to know about the ABC of the stock market just because of him. Certainly not a very known personality but as I said above that you should learn from multiple Gurus. As no single book or guru can teach you everything.

w4wealth likes this.