Is buying what the 'Wizards' buy a good idea?

Discussion in 'Stock Picks Of Wizards' started by San8422, Jan 19, 2016.

1. San8422

San8422 Active Member

Please share your experiences

2. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

i dont have that much experience. but i can say one thing that if you buy something that a wizard buys you have 60% chance of getting decent returns. that this strategy is worth following for a return higher than fixed deposits.but one imprtant thing is that you must have atleast 10-12 stocks to manage risk. even if 5 gives good returns then you get good returns on overall potfolio.

3. San8422

San8422 Active Member

But wizards have been accused of advising others to buy while selling it themselves.

My personal experience has been mixed. Purchased Karur Vyasya as Rakeshji purchased it. Did not make any profit. But Rakeshji's Titan led to huge profits. I don't remember but I made significant loss on some other share recommended by him (maybe delta corp).

4. BombayBoy

BombayBoy Well-Known Member

if you believe in wizardry, yes

one of my favs from Sherlock

"Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist, and if they did I wouldn't be one of them."

selvan10 likes this.
  5. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

When wizard buys stock I research stock in full. If I like and convinced about stock I buy it. Otherwise I ignore stock. By following this process I have many multi bagger in portfolio. Imp point is that wizard pick news must be basis for full research and conviction development.

6. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

It depends whom you consider wizards and at what price you enter.There are many modern wizards who will buy third grade Duds first and then dump to blind followers .I think analysing mutual funds stocks may be better ideas and if it concides with Wizards can be looked into .

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  7. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Sir then he is not a wizard but cheat. Wolf in sheep clothing.

kharb and San8422 like this.
  8. San8422

San8422 Active Member

Also we must buy at the right value. But while selling we must take our own decisions and implement them irrespective of what the wizards do or say.

I have come across an excellent articles: -

https://www.firstpost.com/investing/following-jhunjhunwala-may-not-always-lead-to-riches-512231.html

9. prashant

prashant Active Member

To add ,
    many stocks which wizards are buying might be trading bet or negligible as compared to their total holding . But small investors just hear "Wizard is buying" , how much, why, when, what price they don't pay attention .
    Thanks,
    Prashant

mannu63 likes this.
  10. Arghya Polley

Arghya Polley New Member

Don't follow any person blindly, because in share market no one is 100% correct. If you are following someone blindly, can able to purchase all the different kinds of stocks the person holds. Probably no, so how come you can be so sure that whatever you will purchase will appreciate only. For most of the famous investor, they made their money from 3-5-7 stocks.

To make money never try to cheat yourself. As here creating mistake will pinch you hurt so that you can lose all or a very big amount of your money. So, always do your homework and you must have to understand about your goal and have to analyze whether you are an investor for long term or what.

The simple formula is, stock price will increase if the profit percentage increases y-o-y basis with taking care of all other aspects. So, try to analyze it once after that put your money and keep monitoring it in every qtr. and hold it till the performance of the co. match up to the criteria that you have set for choosing the co. if you found anything wrong then cut the loss immediately or book the profit as soon as possible.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
    Sanket Lalcheta and New_Investor like this.
  11. anindyaswati

anindyaswati Member

completely agree with mr mukherjee.
    I avidly follow wizards,but their pick is the only starting point for further research. I had good no of big winners in this way. but some wizards are more candid than others.personally never liked rakesh ji,but always followed porinju. all together i personally reject 80% of their choice.
    must remember to enter at reasonable valuation and wait wait and wait.if you are a trader i think u can only loose by following someone.
    my recent multibagger is v2 (3 bagger tilll now).unfortunately sold 40% of holding as i thought its too risky for me.