How 38500 Crore MENREGA funded by TAXING YOUR PF is Anti Agriculture , Anti Rural and Anti Industry

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by kharb, Mar 3, 2016.

1. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

38500 Crore Wastage Fund of India (MENREEGA funded by taxing your PF)being used in digging and Filling of ponds , in which mosqueto breeding will be followed by 6000 Crore rural health mission to control maleria.Does it help Agriculture or Rural India.Exactly not.I am from rural India background in North India,so have fair idea about rural economy. MENREGA has created huge shortage of labour in rural India .There is large requirement of labour during sowing and reaping seasons,but no body want to work in fields as doles are available in MENRGA without doing anything.So lot of agriculture out put is lost due to this labour shortage.This digging of ponds by 100 persons in a village by working through out year can be done by a machine with one person in one day.In this age of high technology ,just drama is done to give doles to hundreds where job can be done in just one day. Similarly Industry in rest of North India which was dependent on labour from Bihar , Eastern UP and Orisa is no more comes to industries of Industrial States of India.So MENREGA funded through Taxing Your PF is creating problem in Agriculture and Industry.MENREGA is responsibility for Poor growth in rural Economy. Just imagine if in any business organisation ,salary is given without doing any work, what will be result.Turnover of that company will become zero. Contribution of total turnover of that company reduced to zero will be reduced from Economy.So negative impact will be huge as compare to free Salary .Similar is ill effect of MENREGA on rural Economy. Due to free doles in MENREGA ,rural public is losing Intrest in education and Skill India Slogan is falling flat on its face in rural India.MENREGA is most ill conceived scheme world over ,which will destroy India.More and more rural public will keep on joining it and govt keep on funding by taxing every ruppee from you and this scheme will destroy India.So in my view MENREGA is Destroy Rural India Scheme.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  2. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

yes you are right @kharb mnrega will make rural people lazy.
    only way to make the mnrega productive is that use it for agri purposes only which will benefit farmers use it only for productive jobs.

Srouta Mukherjee and kharb like this.
  3. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

It can fund in more ITI for training job oriented coarses,it can fund small scale units in remote areas, it can fund to make roads,schools,hospital dispensaries,it can fund scholarships for brilliant rural people,it can fund to make water works,it can even fund dairy farming etc .But it is not skilling them ,it is not creating jobs,it is not not creating selfsufficincies, it is not creating rural infrastructre, it is not making bridges .It is just being used to buy votes by taxing PF of employees of private sector and making rural India lazy and kamchor. No body oppose investment for rural infrastructre like schools,hospitals,sewerage ,water plants ,roads ,dairy farming ,cottage industry or giving subsidy to small and medium scale industry in remote areas.All I oppose is wastage.

ssgeethan likes this.
  4. w4wealth

@kharb even if modiji wants to stop mnrega, he could do it in parts not in a single step. bcoz that will make his govt in a bad position.
    so we can expect mnrega to be down sized from here in parts.
    look at this way 38500 cr
    per head expenditure comes at 385 rupees which is not very big.

5. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Forget about stopping ,he has increased it size to 38500 record high and want to fund it by taxing (looting)private sector employees PF.This is just start he will keep increasing tax on PF and fund MENREGA Who stops him to fund MENREGA from black money he was supposed to bring from out side the country.It seems all black money stocked outside the country belongs to Friends of Those Who Can Bring it but are Not Bringing.

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  6. w4wealth

Black money has become a black chapter:)

kharb likes this.
  7. prashant

prashant Active Member

Dear kharbji,
    I absolutely agree here . Its difficult to find laboures for agriculture because of hell lot of freebies are offered . When some one get 2/3 rs/kg rice/wheat, sugar , a guaranteed employment for few months , why anyone will work . In our area , peoples will stay at home by drinking and smoking bidi but they will not come to farm for working . I know very well how MNrega works, its just corruption .

Government should transfer money in bank accounts and there should some system to evaluate the output .
    Thanks

kharb and Srouta Mukherjee like this.
  8. ssgeethan

ssgeethan Member

It is for sure making them lazy ... My dad is finding it very difficult to find laborers to work in our farmland ... In one instance, he took more than 6 months to fence 6 acres due to lack of skilled labors ... Even difficult it is making to find a house maid ... As rightly said, rural infra is pathetic in our nation & they have to use this money diligently for that with pakka planning & a proper monitoring system ...

kharb and Srouta Mukherjee like this.
  9. prashant

prashant Active Member

On a lighter note, there is joke on MNREGA .

A officer goes to see how work is going on .
    He astonished to see what two guys are doing .
    1st one - Dig a hole.
    2nd one - Fills the same hole subsequently .
    Officer - What the hell is going on ?

1st one - Usually we 3 work , I dig a hole, 2nd guy puts a plant, 3rd one puts soil and complete the work.
    Today 2nd guys did not turned up, so do you want us to stop our work :)

Thanks,
    Prashant

kharb likes this.
  10. prashant

prashant Active Member

Dear W4wealth,
    mnrega was meant to be for building infra,dams, lakes,water conservation,plantation etc to ultimately help agriculture and rural economy (gram panchayat has great role to play here )
    There are instances where MNREGA worked as wonder and created huge impact, but such cases are less . It is our corrupted system that spoiled its noble intentions of providing employment to poor,woman,tribal peoples etc.

Thanks,
    Prashant

w4wealth likes this.
  11. bholu

bholu Active Member

Modi Ji responded in parliament today. He said that poverty roots are so deep in this country that the government has to continue welfare programs which help the poor. Alternatively he conceded that it is the political reality that MNREGA has to be continued.

12. bholu

bholu Active Member

Good point Prashant. If I am getting what I need why should I go and work for somebody else. Its a personal choice and nobody can deny this.

kharb likes this.
  13. New_Investor

New_Investor Active Member

There you are. You have hit the nail. These schemes are for the benefit of Politicians and Government Babus. Not for the benefit of common man.

Not only that, there is one more major problem. The Big Bazzars, Star Bazaars, Reliance Fresh and similar companies claim that they can supply fresh vegetables and fruits grown in their own fields. What they do? They lease agricultural land from poor farmers. Grow Fruits and Vegetables on the leased agricultural land. For bumper production they use chemicals. They get bumper production so that they can sell these products at cheaper (less than market rate) rates in their shops. Soon extensive use of these chemicals kills the land. The land becomes barren and the barren land is returned back to the farmer. The farmer has made used to easy money. He has lost his habit of working hard in the agricultural fields. Further, the land has also become barren. So what will the farmer do now?

kharb likes this.
  14. New_Investor

Government doesn't have money to build warehouses to store agricultural produce. So a large quantity of agricultural produce is destroyed by water and rodents. Government doesn't have money to provide proper transport facilities for transferring agricultural produce. More loss. Corruption. More loss.

kharb likes this.
  15. New_Investor

You said that Provision of 38500 crore is made for MENREEGA. Such provisions are made in budget. But the whole amount may not be used for the purpose for which provision was made. Some of it may be used for other purpose (some non-planned expenditure) also.

16. bholu

bholu Active Member

We are getting some excellent comments. This is the reason I refrain from investing in agro-chemical stocks as I fear extensive use of fertilizers and chemicals will make our land barren. With rising population putting all round pressure on land resources, I fear that a day is not far when adequate and self-sufficient agricultural produce becomes a challenge for our country

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    kharb likes this.
  17. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Modi speech latest

18. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

@Srouta Mukherjee- Dear Saruta I had no intention for taking any side in political fights when starting this thread in this form ,I started this thread just for speaking aginst plight of private sector employees by taxing their EPF and misuse of that money in MENREGA.Any diversion from this may dilute voice against this anti employees act of Modi Govt.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  19. New_Investor

Please view the following video to find out how we are cheated by Vegetable and Fruit vendors.

The fruits and vegetables, we get nowadays, contain toxic chemicals. The water Melon is injected with a chemical which makes its flesh dark red. Further it is injected with water saccharine solution to sweeten it. The road side juice vendors add textile color and saccharine tablets to the juice to make it attractive and sweet.

20. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

My God it is horrible news. :( Culprit must be punished immediately.