All the best to "Amma"

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by bholu, May 16, 2016.

1. bholu

bholu Active Member

I know that politics is not something to discuss here but I would use this forum to wish J Jayalalitha who is also known as "Amma" among her supporters all the best for upcoming results of election polls. Though I respect the efforts of all the journalists, researchers, and media professionals in collecting data and presenting these expected results I think that exit polls are likely to be proved wrong and "Amma" will again come to power. She has given a lot to state. No other politician has done so much for the people in the history of India or as long as I remember.

P.S. I am not a supporter of any political party in Tamil Nadu but seeing the benefits offered to poor and needy people I wish all the best to Jayalalitha. I do hope she comes back to power.

2. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

but exit polls are saying dmk will come to power. but i hope amma retains power.

3. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Amma has done lot for poor people of State of Madras.

4. bholu

bholu Active Member

different exit polls have shown different results which is surprising if you think rationally. it is like four researchers doing research on the same topic with the same population and coming up with different results. we all know that exit polls have rarely been accurate in our country. I saw the results of polls, one poll gives clear majority to AIADMK and another says it is going to be close fight with difference of around 20 seats. So I feel it will be a close call. I think "Captain" Vijaykanth will divide the votes of the opposition and lead to AIADMK 's victory.

I started this to wish "Amma" all the best and getting into debates was not the idea. People can have their opinions and conclusions which they can share. I will not comment any further.

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  5. bholu

bholu Active Member

"Amma" has won as I expected. She has "vowed" to make Tamil Nadu the number one state. You can analyze as much as you want but this is what in store for people of Tamil Nadu.

Waiver of all farm loans

Free Laptops with internet for 10th and 12th std students

Maternity assistance of Rs. 18,000

Women to get 50% subsidy to buy mopeds or scooties

Amma banking card to improve financial services - to get interest-free loans and avail of government schemes

One soverign gold for women ahead of marriages

Free cell phones for all ration card holders

Aavin to provide milk for Rs. 25 per litre

All ration card holders to get co-optex coupons worth Rs. 500 for Pongal festival

Assures uniterrupted supply of power. 100 units electricity free every two months.

This is what has already been delivered.

Four goats and a cow to each BPL family.

mixer-grinders and fans for every women irrespective of status.

free uniforms (3 sets), school, bags, notebooks, geometry boxes for all children in government schools.

cycles and laptops for Class 11 and 12 students of government and government aided schools and colleges.

Four grams of gold and Rs 50,000 as marriage assistance to women getting married.

20 kg free rice every month for all ration card holders.

Everybody who stays in Chennai knows about Amma Canteen where even corporate executives go and eat. I presume people educated at Harvard and Cornell would not mind eating there. I think several may have already eaten there.

Amma mineral water and Amma Cement for everybody. What more do you want ?

A London School of Economics graduate was among the CM hopefuls and obviously lost.

When I wrote that she has done what no other leader has done in the history of India I meant it. This is not bribing the voters. The government is providing schemes to the poor people. All the logic of state budget deficit does not hold good. All Indian states have budget deficits but have they been able to do even half as much for poor people especially women ?

Last edited: May 20, 2016
    Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  6. Srouta Mukherjee

Amma will make paradise for voters in Chennai :)

7. bholu

bholu Active Member

Srouta Ji,
    I really do not see the point behind your sarcastic comments. I avoided it once but now I am forced to respond. Tamil Nadu is not just one city Chennai.

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  8. Srouta Mukherjee

Sorry I was not being sarcastic I am also fond of Amma. She is good leader for State. Better than alternatives in State.

9. bholu

bholu Active Member

"Amma has done lot for poor people of State of Madras."
    We all know it is a city not a state and not Madras but Chennai. Not that I care too much and frankly I am losing interest in arguing with the likes of you, Darth or kharb but still I thought I would bring the facts.

10. bholu

bholu Active Member

11. darth

darth Active Member

Sounds more like you not being able to digest being at the receiving end atleast where I am concerned. Good for you that you decide to keep off

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  12. darth

darth Active Member

More likely to continue making suckers out of the ever obliging residents of the state. Thankfully we dont face this in my state.

13. bholu

bholu Active Member

What do you mean by "suckers" ? Do no try to take a self-enlightened position. There is nothing of being at being receiving end. I appreciate a fair criticism but I see no point in a vicious attack unless you have some personal agenda of following me. It does not bother me any more. Did I ask you to comment on this post. You could not provide any answer to my logical question on the provisioning made by ICICI Bank and you call yourself an expert. You have problem with somebody who is trying to help retail investors. You have problems with a CM launching welfare schemes for the poor. Then stop taking a righteous position.

14. darth

darth Active Member

Look up the dictionary mister if you dont follow portions of english sentences.

Unlike you who seems to only indulge in self glorification, there happen to be a couple of members in here who call me a banking expert. So get this miconception you carry cured!!!!!

Providing logical answer to you..... Haha what a waste of my precious time.

@kharb, mukherjee etc if you need an answer to some Such basic questions on npa provisions drop me a personal text. Can answer these even when i am in a deep sleep

15. bholu

bholu Active Member

Yes there are people who acknowledge you as banking expert and now I understand why Indian banking especially your favorite ICICI Bank is in such good shape.

16. bholu

bholu Active Member

I remember that once the chief opponent of "Amma" once said people should go to Captain VijayKanth's rally wearing a helmet. He did everything to woo him this and calls him a youngster (when he is actually 60+) like you call yourself an banking expert. We do need people like you. I will get the dictionary. Tell me which one you wrote so I can buy it.

17. darth

darth Active Member

The only aspect about you for which i have to give you credit is your untiring attempts to propagate stuff as subscribed to by me when it isnt/hasnt been the case... The latest being ICICI Bank being my favourite. What a pathetic attempt though... Doomed to the graveyard the second it was thought of by you. Keep trying buddy. I hope i dont have to type the words of a very famous H Bachan poem in here to inspire you

18. darth

darth Active Member

Mines limited edition and you do not meet the qualifying benchmarks.

Have you ever tried your hand at politics? You could easily appease Ammajee.

I call myself a banking expert.... Did I? Send me the post in which I said this. But why do i smell some heartburn?