Should a girl check the Balance-Sheet of his would-be husband?

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Guru Vachaal, Sep 11, 2016.

?

Should a girl check the Balance-Sheet of her would be husband ?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  3. Not practical

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Guru Vachaal

Guru Vachaal Let's discuss the fundamentals..

This is funny and least related to the stock market but could not find a better place than this to put this question among the appropriate people.

We carefully check the books of accounts before investing into a company but in arrange marriages we do not check them before tying a life time knot. This creates many problems in future.

What do you guys have to say about it ?

2. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

Generally I think a girl shud check b/s before marriage to avoid problems in future and to understand her would-be's behaviour in financial matters. Relevant topic guruji.
    credit cards, liabilities, assets, spending habits shud be observed to avoid bankruptcy under chap 11:)

3. vij

vij Member

Arranged or not arranged, it would be good to check balance sheet... but no one does it bcz it seemingly spoils the feel and sanctity of the marriage.

Although the father would def enquire the earnings of the prospective groom with a polite query(arranged or not)

4. saturn

saturn Member

Character, habits, education, matching of views, communication between the two individuals, temperments etc are factors clearly overriding the balancesheet.

5. w4wealth

what if would-be is already bankrupt at the time of marriage? will you allow your sister to marry such individual?

6. vij

vij Member

sure. I dont mean to say character, education, compatibility hold prominance over balance sheet and money. But once enough core factors are established, the lesser important (but essential) elements can be looked at to a point of minimum stability atleast.

7. saturn

saturn Member

Well would like to ask you would you marry off your sister/daughter to Global Terrorists, Goons and Goondas, Corrupt Politicians, Womanisers, uneducated ultra-conservatives who have all the money in the world??

And bankrupcy doesnt have fixed time to manifest itself. Riches to Rags is as common as Rags to Riches

I just listes aspects which I consider more important than just money when arriving at a decision. Sufficient money to take care of family should be ok. If rich its just better.

8. w4wealth

friend i am talking about bankrupt or near to that people. Dont comment without understanding things.