YES BANK still has a lot more to go ! OUTPERFORMANCE TO CONTINUE | ANALYSIS | HIGH GAINS!

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Warren Buffet Jr., Apr 11, 2017.

1. Warren Buffet Jr.

Warren Buffet Jr. Member

Yes Bank is a phenomenal stock, has been proved to be a multibagger too.
    Yes Bank still has a lot of steam, it has been hitting its new high for some time now & will continue to do so.
    YES BANK recently raised Rs.4906 Cr. through QIP which will aid the bank's growth for the upcoming years.
    Some number crunching -
    -CAGR EPS 5year growth : 16.8% (Great, above 15%)
    -CAGR PAT 5year growth : 21.05 % (Great, above 20%) ('12-'16)
    -No. of Branches has grown at 36% YoY. (Rapid Expansion)
    -Increase in CASA Ratio to 33%(FY17) with a 2020 target of 40%.
    -Healthy Loan & NIM growth. (NIM currently at 3.5%)
    -ROE stands at 22.3% (Great, above 20%)

Yes bank's strategy of targeting cash rich regions of India for branch expansion has helped, to propel forward in terms deposit of levels.

Over 70% analysts have ‘buy’ rating :

Read more at :
    https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

I had previously booked profits in YES bank but I have added it again to my portfolio.

Disclaimer : My views are personal, do a due diligence before investing.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  2. adi16

adi16 Member

I am of the same view. It's my biggest holding since Rs900. And plan to hold for many more years.
    I am just not getting opportunity to add more on declines as it's constantly going up.

It has strong retail focus and recent capital raise will accelerate this even further.
    EPS is estimated to grow 25% for next 3 years.

Warren Buffet Jr. and kharb like this.
  3. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Yes Bank is one of the best bets in Pvt Banking.It is also my top pick of the sector and holding it since it was in mid double digit.

Warren Buffet Jr. likes this.
  4. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

yes bank 's very attractive point is " almost it is having very very low and negligible NPA "
    it will reflect it's management capabilities ....

adi16 and Warren Buffet Jr. like this.
  5. Warren Buffet Jr.

Warren Buffet Jr. Member

That's really great @adi16 ! Hold On buddy!

adi16 likes this.
  6. BKJ

BKJ New Member

It is my largest holding. When I made investment it was 10% of my portfolio, now it has grown to 20% without any planned portfolio churning.

7. Warren Buffet Jr.

Warren Buffet Jr. Member

8. Warren Buffet Jr.

Warren Buffet Jr. Member

That's really great! @BKJ That's the beauty of YES Bank! :)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  9. adi16

adi16 Member

Good results but asset quality worsens due to one-off spike in new NPL. Risk-return still attractive ?

I believe so, will keep adding on dips..

Your thoughts ?

kharb likes this.
  10. Warren Buffet Jr.

Warren Buffet Jr. Member

Well,yes that may be a concern, but not the major one considering the other factors I have mentioned above & it still maintains strong profitability profile, I'm looking at the bigger picture. Considering the price at which you made investment Rs900 you're still way high in terms of profits! Why worry then!? consider this an add opportunity, or I would suggest you to book a partial profit, to stay safe.

Cheers!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    adi16 likes this.
  11. adi16

adi16 Member

Thanks, I will look to add on dips whenever possible.

Warren Buffet Jr. likes this.
  12. Warren Buffet Jr.

Warren Buffet Jr. Member

@adi16 from Rs.1543 (20th April) Yes Bank climbed by Rs.95 (28th April) to Rs.1638!
    Super Gains! as I said before I was looking at the big picture. I'm still holding it! I hope you have added Yes Bank on Dips!
    Cheers!
    @RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA @kharb

13. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

Yes Bank management capabilities and Business Model both are giving growth in this stock
    and mainly NPA levels are impressing ....

kharb likes this.
  14. adi16

adi16 Member

Yeah, I am still holding and didn't see any. But dint buy either.
    I did buy Karnataka and RBL in small chunks few days back. Will continue to add all three on dips.

15. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

In the present context I may be permitted to submit that I had baught Yes Bank ,though in small quantity,on the eve of previous ,not last, Loksabha election results(about seven and half years back) at 95 and still holding it. That emphasizes the power of management but this stock is very rarely recommended by experts.Is it not interesting? kindly don,t misunderstand me . My intention is not show off multibagger return--the truth is that I was just lucky that this scrip appeared before me and I easily get scared by market volitility thus I avoide looking at sceen frequently plusI am lazy and careless in selling-- but to hightlight the crucial role of management quality And equally crucial role of luck in stock selection as I confess that I am a budhdhoo(below average) with poor insight and lazy investor who wants to improve.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  16. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your good pick at low price .I also hold yes bank since it was in mid two digits with low investment Now it has highest weight in my portfolio without any further investments .And this is the stock where I made quick and most money of my life.I expect this show to continue .In my view how a bank stock will perform is a special skill,which has been mastered by few big Pvt banks although ICICI bank and Axis bank has failed in this skill and may remain laggards in big boys club although may perform better in next two years.Most of old pvt secotor banks (except Federal bank)and all PSU banks has has failed in learning this.With every passing day laggards will keep on conceeding lead to masters of this skill .RBL bank and DCB banks are among small banks who are on half way to master this and will join big league in terms of performance .

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  17. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

@ Mr kharb in my recent post I had requested you to help me in Banking stock picking for further investment . Please share your wisdom as my YES Bank returns are just by luck - believe me, this is an honest admissiom.

18. starry_eyes

starry_eyes Member

@kharb , what is this special skill required to run a successful bank?

19. Warren Buffet Jr.

Warren Buffet Jr. Member

From the date I started this thread, YES BANK has given great returns! As I said before there was a lot of steam left in YES BANK. With all time High of @1844. Still Holding :) Enjoy the Super Gains!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  20. Kritesh Abhishek

Kritesh Abhishek Member

Yes Bank and IndusInd bank are two of the best stocks currently in the banking sector. I'm also holding Yes Bank for over an year now.

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.