reliance Comm and Reliance Cap are shooting down :(

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Srouta Mukherjee, May 29, 2017.

1. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

reliance Comm and Reliance Cap are shooting down :(

RCom is down 18% to 21 RCap is down 8% to 565 looks like dangerous situation is there for both stocks and ADAG group.

2. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

There is problem in R com due to competion in telecom.This is just my guess that RCom and R Jio will ultimately merge and may be headed by RIL group .ADAG may completely exit telecom and may concentrate on power,defence and finance.

wild_hipman and Srouta Mukherjee like this.
  3. starry_eyes

starry_eyes Member

Actually
    - reliance cap is down ~17% in the last 1 month.
    - reliance comm down ~38% in last 1 month
    - reliance infra down ~24% in last 1 month

my sympathies to Anil Ambani and his hard core followers and believers.

4. starry_eyes

starry_eyes Member

Rcom: the problem is missed loan payments actually

5. Srouta Mukherjee

Today stock is in green. Looks safe. @kharb sir better to exist such stock and go for DHFL, L&T Finance, Manappuram, CAPF IMHO :)

6. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

DHFL and L& T fin I like.Yes some portion of profit is down in Rel Cap but it is part of the game.But stock is still well above my cost and still giving me market beating returns.I am positive on business part of Rel Capital and nothing has changed in company to change my views.Rel capital is still just around 2.5 % of my equity portfolio including Mutual funds and still below 5% of my direct equity portfolio.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  7. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

But what one should say about investers of Rel Capital who is still up 57% in last two years and up 37% in last one year inspite of 17% down in last one month.How many large cap have given more return than this and still under priced.If any body is bearish,he should give his expert short call in advance and earn by shorting the trade.I shall hold the stock firmly as nothing has changed in company to change my postive views as of now but stock market views are dynamic .

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  8. Srouta Mukherjee

Good confidence is there :)

Let us hope for best :)

kharb likes this.
  9. starry_eyes

starry_eyes Member

Would say that such investors would have been far better off investing in a host of much better companies which yielded 3 digit returns in last 2 years. But they like you are welcome to their investing strategies.

Choose to remain silent about the other two names do you?

10. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Yes if any body has get better returns in three digits in all their stocks in last two years than Rel Capital , congratulations to them and no doubt they are better investers.Just so that every body know these smart investers and get benefit ,I had started thread in this forum for quarterly volunteer disclosure of portfolio :) .

wild_hipman and shakti khanduri like this.
  11. starry_eyes

starry_eyes Member

Well I wish you have a list of the smart investors (unfortunately only from amongst members of this site) soon enough.

12. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

I am holding both Rel Cap &Rel Infra with long term view.

13. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Confidence works only if fundamentals are right:),Rel Capital has recovered a lot and it may make fresh 52 weeks high by September this year:).

14. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

reliance cap to double in one year from 600. thats my opinion.

kharb likes this.
  15. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Rel Capital crossed 650 again on bad market today .Those who believed in its fundamentals and are solidly behind its story survived ,rather thrived and those who were trapped in un necessary noise lost ( Jo dar gaya,Samjho Mar gaya).The correction helped to shunt out weak hands and squeezed shorters.Now stock seems to be again on its up move trend in comparative strong hands.Rel Capital is Grossly Under Priced stock in this over heated market

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    wild_hipman likes this.
  16. starry_eyes

starry_eyes Member

It's so unpriced that more like a trebling in 1 year. Market is stupid not seeing it as grossly underpriced.

17. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Market is never stupid but can force some investers to behave as Stupid if they ignore fundamentals.That is why markets in short term is Voting machine( work on sentiments) and in long term is Weighing machine( works on fundamentals).I am not invested in Rel Capital to triple money in just one year but will not be surprised at all if it happens as many stocks with weak fundamentals has triples ,so why not Rel Capital with strong fundamentals can do it.I always invest in a stock to beat Nifty or sensex and any thing above is Bonus.If any stock under perform market(Nifty) in medium or long term is sell for me.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    wild_hipman likes this.
  18. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

If I may interject,Market always looks at future.

kharb likes this.
  19. starry_eyes

starry_eyes Member

@shakti khanduri
    You are most welcome to interject - for more often than not, you make sense.

You. simply beat me to the post for mine would have been on similar lines.

Markets always look to future - but it's hard for many to really understand what this means that.

No scrip unless truly undiscovered remains undervalued for there are many and intelligent investors who would lap it up.

Reliance Capital languishing must have merits. Wonder what fundamentals the market doesn't see and price in which our dear @kharb sees.

Anyways I have never been a fan of Reliance in all its avatars. But for me if indeed there is a bright spot over next 12-18 months, the market would have certainly rerated the scrip.

20. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Anil Ambani was financial brain behind RIL during Dhiru Bhai time and has more experience and exposure to financial world then to most of financial wizards Dalal Street respects these days.He was behind RIL financial innovation and RIL was first to use many new innovative finacial products for funding of mega projects, less heard of even in west at those times.He also popularised Treasury operations in corporate India.Just because his earlier plans failed ,I am not going to write him off.Rather I would like to bet on him only due to his recent failures ,as he would do every thing to prove himself.Presently ADAG group is doing every thing right to come out of past failures.More over he has inducted his son in Rel Capital ,which shows that he see bright future for his son in this company.No father will make his young son caption of any sinking ship.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    wild_hipman and shakti khanduri like this.