Forum redesigned and upgraded with new software

Discussion in 'Announcements And Feedback' started by Meenakshi Razdan, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Welcome! As you may have noticed, this forum has been upgraded. We have installed new software which is supposed to have several new features in it. Some of the features are beyond my comprehension at the moment though I will strive hard to learn. According to the management, the new software includes the following features:

(i) Responsive design - easy to read on mobile phones and tablets;

(ii) Better search engine. There is also a google search option avaliable on the sidebar of the front page;

(iii) Notification system for replies, @mentions, quotes and likes;

(iv) Auto save text editor;

(v) Social Media registration and login. Register/ login with your facebook, twitter or gmail (google) credentials;

Why don't you look around and see how you like it. If you run into any problems, or if you spot any glitches, you can post it here or send an email to admin@rakesh-jhunjhunwala.in.

stockguru likes this.
  2. Jeevan

Jeevan New Member

Good one..Really quick.......

3. Meenakshi Razdan

Thanks. I am told some more changes are coming. Not sure what those are. :)

4. pradyumna.bits

pradyumna.bits New Member

Dear Meenakshi.. there is no option to move to the next post.. (Next and Previous buttons) .. I had to go back to forum folder and then go to next post.. this is little bit irritating and time taking process.. Please improve this..

5. Meenakshi Razdan

Yes, you are right. I noticed it as well. I'll take up the issue and see if it can be resolved.

6. Meenakshi Razdan

The "previous thread" and "next thread" option is now enabled. One cool feature is that if you hover over the link, a small book opens up to give you a preview of the contents of the thread. I think this is a very cool feature. :)

7. ravishtandon

ravishtandon New Member

I think stock specific comments should also be listed as and when desired.A button may be added.

8. Meenakshi Razdan

What do you mean? Pl explain. Do you have any examples of other sites where such a feature is implemented? I can ask our tech team to replicate that.

9. Parin Gala

Parin Gala A long term investor

Visited this forum after a long time today. Was busy with office work. A very pleasant and changed layout. Heartfelt thanks to the admins for this wonderful new design.

10. Meenakshi Razdan

Thank you for the compliment. We would like you to visit more often :)

11. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

I think there is problem on mobile theme. Part of page (to right) is cut off. Pl rectify asap because I use mobile mostly for browsing site.

12. Meenakshi Razdan

Hmmm ... I haven't noticed such a problem. Do you have a screenshot? What is your O/S (Android, Apple?) and browser? I'll refer it to the tech team to see if they can replicate it. Keep browsing :)

13. pradyumna.bits

pradyumna.bits New Member

Thanku..

14. Praisesingh

Praisesingh New Member

Meenakshi please look into the posting of Rajasthan cylinders that guy is banned from posting in VALUPICKR.com for the same post please make sure that such banned guys don't get a chance to repeat it from one forum to other and keep on misleading.

15. jeett

jeett Member

From a particular stock discussion, if you want to go back to the main page where you see list of stock discussion topics, you need to navigate through the stocks talk page - i think there has to be a back button which lands you back to your prior page.

16. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

Can you disable the button Post a new thread in Announcement & Feedback category for ordinary members. If there isn't an option given to post a new thread in this category then there would be none new thread posted here. Ideally only the admins and the owner of the forum should have the power to start a new thread here in this category.

17. Meenakshi Razdan

This is an excellent suggestion. I'll see if it can be implemented.

18. Meenakshi Razdan

What I do is to stay on the main page and open each thread in a new tab. When I finish reading, I close the tab, and open another thread in a new tab. This is a convenient method and ensures that you don't miss out on any thread. There is also a 'previous thread' and 'next thread' on each thread.

If you have seen something different being implemented on any other forum, let me know. I'll see if it can be replicated here.

19. jeett

jeett Member

Thanks Meenakshi - I do the same of opening links on new tabs, however that is not a good practise as it opens multiple threads of the explorer. Depending on what else you are doing, your system can get slower if you have multiple threads running in parallel. Cleaner option is a Back button - you go back to your original page.

I know this as i am in IT and know what happens when you open new tabs.

20. Meenakshi Razdan

Yes, I have experienced this.
    Isn't there already a back button on the browser?