Members Volunteerly Quarterly Disclosure of their Investment Portfolio upto only 30 Stocks

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by kharb, Apr 3, 2017.

1. marrakesh

marrakesh New Member

2. Cool2Invest

Cool2Invest New Member

what is your average annual return or CAGR% ?

3. Cool2Invest

Cool2Invest New Member

what is your average annual return or CAGR% ?
    try to reduce the folio with max of 15 stocks for better understanding, tracking and returns.

4. Cool2Invest

Cool2Invest New Member

New Member to my list under Sector : Banking/Finance
    Bajaj FinServ

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  5. Hemal

Hemal New Member

Hello all, Corona virus, Crude oil and Credit risk have shocked the Dalal Street. The infection from the pandemic and the economic fallout is taking a toll on equity markets. Though central banks and the government are pacifying sentiments through rate cuts and liquidity infusion, the fall in the markets is highly disturbing. We at William O'Neil India, feel that panic is due to the sentiments involved and the risk averseness. Keeping your worries separated and correctly following a structured approach is essential to protect your capital. Led by our Head of Equity Research, Mayuresh Joshi, we will be conducting a Free Interactive Seminar on 21st March 11 AM. to discuss the way forward and how to save your capital during these times. A few of you will also get the opportunity to get their Stock Market Portfolio evaluated by our Experts.
    Please note this is a LIVE unpaid seminar which William O'Neil India is conducting given the current global economic crisis. Do let your friends and other acquaintances know and be a part of this.
    Register here - https://ai.algosmith.in/williamONeilSeminar

6. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

@ kharbji
    are you safe now ?
    i said 3 years back that 55 % of your stocks allocation to banks and financial sector is very risky

Cool2Invest and Srouta Mukherjee like this.
  7. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

@Cool2Invest ji
    i exited major portion of my stocks in portfolio from 2nd half of 2019 year
    so now i am having only 20 % in stocks remaining maintaining cash position
    and i restructured my portfolio in indirect way
    all stocks position exited and now i started investing in Mutual Funds only
    in MF I invested 20 % only
    i am looking for value investment in future for that remaining money

Cool2Invest likes this.
  8. KiranRam

KiranRam New Member

dear RAMA MURTHY Sir,
    what is reason for shifting from Direct equity investing to MF.
    if you could share you experience in the journey, why the MF sounded better for you.

9. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

@KiranRam ji ,
    My reason is i want to expand my portfolio size to abnormal size
    in individual stocks investment big size numbers in portfolio stocks are very difficult
    because huge money is required for that to escape from rescission risk
    so i am now investing in some MF s
    so that cost averaging and good entry points are low risk than direct stocks investment
    in my view world economic conditions and also indian economic conditions recovery is not in a V shape recovery ...
    i think it may take few years
    so i want to diversify my portfolio into large number of sectors as much as possible
    if we take 4 to 5 good track record mutual funds we easily diversify 150 to 200 stocks
    that is my strategy

10. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

I also lost heavily in Bank stocks. In DHFL I have 100% loss of capital. Feeling sad :( but JB Chem has given some gain for me.

11. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

@Srouta Mukherjee Ji
    very sad sir .... Proper Asset allocation and Diversification needed for equity investment , we have to take care each step , if we take big mistake , we loose more money ...
    i always said in my previous posts few years back NBFC sector is over priced ....
    regarding portfolio diversification also i said several times ....

12. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

I am safe and wish same for you Although I had exited many weak financial stocks well in time in rally like Rel Capital, DHFL,Yes Bank ,Indusind bank ,RBL bank ,but still heavily invested in HDFC bank,ICICI Bank,Kotak bank and Axis bank and some in DCB bank and Federal Bank ,L& T fin ,AB Capital,including insurance stocks.So has correction in portfolio, but has also significant investment in RIL,Asian paints,HUL,Nestle ,Dmart and other FMCG stocks which did not lost much.But still my portfolio has corrected, but as I got rid of all weeks stocks in rally ,so now portfolio is strong enough to bounce back post Covid.But this correction came at wrong time for me as I was preparing for retirement. I firmly belive that in next 2 years ,market will be at new high ,so is positioning my portfolio with strong stocks from nifty 100 for a great retirement .Stay safe with all precautions ,as all of us will see market at new high in financial year 2020- 21.

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  13. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Excellent decision. I lost heavily in DHFL but JB Chem has given good gain so I am not worried.
    100% agreed :)

14. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

15. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

My present portfolio in terms of weightage in my portfolio is as - HDFC bank 10.7%,Icici bank 8.3%,Kotak bank 8.2%,Axis Bank3.3%,HDFC 2.8% ,HDFC Life 8.9%,ICICI life 2.9%,SBI life 1%,ICICI lombard 3.3%,HDFC amc 2.3%,Nipoon life amc 1%,RIL 17.7%,Infosys 2.6%,TCS1.1%,Dmart 2.3%,HUL4.1%,Asian Paints 4.8%,ITC 2%,L&T 2.4%,Maruti 1%,Nestle 1%,Titan 2.7%,Ultratech cement 1%.Few stocks which r less than 1% of portfolio r not being mentioned,which r for testing water in new stock before deciding to increase weight . In pharma stocks ,I am investing through pharma mutual fund.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  16. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

investing in pharma mutual funds is better and safe ... good diversification

kharb likes this.
  17. saashy

saashy Member

My current Top 30 ( Alphabetical )

- Affle
    - Bajaj Electricals
    - Bharti Airtel
    - BSE
    - CDSL
    - Deepak Nitrite
    - Dixon
    - Dr Lal
    - Essel Pro
    - Galaxy
    - Granules
    - HDFC Life
    - HUL
    - ICICI Bank
    - ICICI Lombard
    - ICICI Securities
    - IFB
    - ITC
    - Jubilant Foods
    - LT Foods
    - Manappuram
    - MCX
    - Network 18
    - Nippon AMC
    - Reliance
    - SBI Cards
    - SBI Life
    - SRF
    - Tata Consumer
    - TCS

Holdings, not recommendations.

This is to invite any stock specific or structural views / suggestions.

Request that. Thanks.

-

kharb and Michael Gonsalves like this.
  18. Michael Gonsalves

Michael Gonsalves Member Staff Member

The portfolio composition is excellent with all the frontline stocks in it. All the stocks are well known and do not require any comment.

However, there does not appear to be any Defense related stocks in the portfolio. Perhaps, you can consider adding Bharat Electronics. It also has a high dividend yield.

Also, some shift/ high weightage towards API specialty chemicals may be desirable since the sector may benefit from the ostracisation of China.

According to Saurabh Mukherjea:

"The third sector is the whole play around APIs, chemical intermediates. There is a lot of private equity money heading towards that sector now. And if the tensions with China continue, India will have to bring a lot of API manufacturing from China to India. We are almost entirely dependent on China for our API and that is not sustainable from any perspective and therefore I think we are heading into a multi-year boom on API manufacturing and the entire ecosystem which feeds into API manufacturing."

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ti-year-strong-rally/articleshow/77906253.cms

19. saashy

saashy Member

Thanks ! Will look at BEL. I do hold L&T and Sterlite Tech, which can be an indirect play in defence

Michael Gonsalves likes this.
  20. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

My present portfolio (Target Nifty plus 5% Returns)=Financial- HDFC bank 10.5% ,ICICI bank 8% ,Kotak bank 7.5%,Axis bank 2.5%,HDFC 3%,HDFC life 8%,ICICI life 2.8%,SBI life 1.1%,Icici lombard 2.9%,HDFC amc 2%,Nippon amc 1%,RIL - 19%,FMCG- HUL 4%,ITC 2%,Nestle,1.1%,Britania 0.5%,Tata Consumer0.5%.Asian paints 6.5%,Pedlite0.5%,IT - Infosys 4.5%,TCS 2%,HCL tech 1%,L&T info 0.6%,Titan 3%,L&T 2%,Ultratech cement 1%,Maruti 1.2%,Voltas 0.5%,Hevells 0 5,Dmart 2%,Divis lab 0.5%plus pharma fund.I invest only in large cap mostly top 100 companies ( excluding Metals,PSUs,Commodity ,utilities, , bad management or no growth)and invest in small and mid cap mostly through mutual funds.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020