Need advice on my portfolio- Please suggest

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by rahul gupta, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Sachin pathak

Sachin pathak Active Member

Oh not IDFC Bank again. Havent you read the ongoing ugly war i have been drawn into this one on another thread... I am NOT HOT
    on IDFC at all. Read this other thread. Its so hilarious in parts.

rahul gupta likes this.
  2. rahul gupta

rahul gupta New Member

Okay, So here I finally come down to - Bata, Ultratech, Jubilant Foodworks, Ashok Leyland, Aurobindo. What say;) Are these right additions. Should I go ahead or still do some more tinkering. I feel Ashok Leyland has run up quite a bit, but going by performance it does not look like coming down. what do you think of these 5 stocks in addition to my already help portfolio.

3. rahul gupta

rahul gupta New Member

Ok sorry i did not know about this. But why you are not hot on IDFC bank. K Let me fo through the thread

4. rahul gupta

rahul gupta New Member

Same feelings i have about Aurobindo, this is one was rocket for last couple of years. feel like missing the party

5. Sachin pathak

Have fun!!

6. rahul gupta

rahul gupta New Member

HAHhahahhaa

7. Sachin pathak

Apart from bata, for the others at current levels you could see a 10% downside. For instance just a few days ago aurobindo was around 700 and AL i last invested arnd 87 a few days ago.

8. Sachin pathak

Got a smile to your face right!!!!

rahul gupta likes this.
  9. rahul gupta

rahul gupta New Member

Okay on a serious note any suggestions to my listed additions to portfolio

10. Sachin pathak

Apart from bata, for the others at current levels you could see a 10% downside. For instance just a few days ago aurobindo was around 700 and AL i last invested arnd 87 a few days ago.

11. Sachin pathak

But my friend you need to do your own research and importantly be convinced about the stock's story. This is very important for there are differing perspectives.

12. bholu

bholu Active Member

Stanchart is trading at very low valuations, nearly 0.6 times book value on China's concern ( a high percentage of its portfolio is exposed to the country), but it is still quite a strong bank with high standards of corporate governance, PNB is also cheap plus the largest PSB after SBI BoB.. more importantly their business is well established and the entry points are attractive compared to IDFC which will take time to ramp up operations amidst high competition in the banking space now... Yes Bank began operations when the pvt banking space was booming.. times have changed , IDFC Bank will be listed soon so you can always buy the stock ...my suggestion is based on valuations ...its your call...

13. Sachin pathak

I will increase my holdings in Ashok Leyland next week.

Continues to show strong sales numbers. For Sept (YoY) Is 61% and MoM is 28% up.

Q2 YoY up 47% and Q2vsQ1 up 33% and full year its reasonable to assume a ~ 40% volume growth over previous year.

So massive opertional improvement seen.

And i havent even gone into the additional benefits which will accrue to the company on account of lower interest and input costs.

I am convinced and so i will invest!!!

Invest only if you have a firm conviction

14. dineshkapoor27

dineshkapoor27 Active Member

@rahul gupta many have learnt bitter lessons with highly leveraged companies (eg. Amtek group cos). It really hurts to see the wealth erosion (70% in matter of less than a week), so I advise to stay away from highly leveraged plays. Suzlon is one of those IMO. Your buying price is ok (6 rs.) so I think you might be fine, but I still think that Suzlon is going to take its own sweet time to grow. I am betting on PTC financial and Inox.

rahul gupta likes this.