Need help to valuate these pharma stocks..

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Warrenbuff77, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Warrenbuff77

Warrenbuff77 Member

Hi All,
    I am planning to invest in the below shares in pharma sector. But little bit confused after studying each stocks. Can anyone help me to understand which will be a good bet in long term?
    I am looking forward for a time frame of 2 to 3 years.
    -Granules india
    -Suven life science
    -Camlin fine
    -Marksans pharms
    NB: I am presently holding only Jubilant life sciences & JB chem. from pharma sector.
    If anyone has any other Pharma shares which you would like discuss or looks like a good bet. pls post here. Thanks

2. Fun_Da_Mentalist

Fun_Da_Mentalist Active Member

The real mega growth inCamlin will come post 2018 when capacity expansion bears fruit. Till then growth will be steady. But overall, I like this one for various reasons:

- good financials
    - growth mindset
    - global dominance in categories
    - limited players globally in this space.

I don't know about the other ones you have outlined. I would urge you to research Shilpa Medicare, if you have a patient mindset of multiple years

3. New_Investor

New_Investor Active Member

Granules India is excellent.

stockjeet18 likes this.
  4. stockjeet18

stockjeet18 Member

Granules India - moving up in value chain from api to finished dosages contribute higher margins, turn around of auctus pharma which has around 11 usfda approved ANDA , will open new door to us market, jv with Belgium specialty chemical company omnichem bears fruit once it get usfda approval for the plant, then export of higher margin api starts and crams too boom up...

Suven life sciences - Biggest trigger will be the successful commercialization of their suvn 502 molecule which s used to treat Alzheimer disease ... Till now there is no effective drugs available to cure this so on successful completion of suvn 502 in terms of better effectiveness than already available drugs open the 13 billion dollar market ... And some more molecules are in phase 1 trials ... They spent nearly 300 crores for suvn 502 till now... So apart from their regular supply of api and crams business ... If any two or three of their molecules in research , gets usfda approval and commercialized then it takes the suven in 100 bagger or even in 300 bagger list too... Nevertheless it's risky bet ... Risk s directly proportional to return :)

Shilpa medicare - Real growth starts when they get usfda approval for their two plants and its best stock to ride on the oncology market ... Patience rewards ...

Camlin life sciences - Excellent niche company which operates in food anti oxidants space and industrial chemicals ... Company improved the margins by vertical integration... Capturing vanillin market and contribution of some more chemicals ... Huge capacity expansion ... New plant in dahej , Gujarat ... Once they commences the production there, their fixed assets base nearly double and management s quite good ... :)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  5. Sachin pathak

Sachin pathak Active Member

Is Suvn502 far more effective in treating Alzheimers that the other available drugs?

6. Warrenbuff77

Warrenbuff77 Member

Thanks to all for providing the details which outlines the monopoly or uniqueness of each share in respective areas. This will definetly help me to choose the good bet. I also came to know that suven management is very good. Btw bought some granule shares yesterday.

stockjeet18 and Srouta Mukherjee like this.
  7. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

stockjeet18 likes this.
  8. Warrenbuff77

Warrenbuff77 Member

@Sachin pathak: I read that suvn 502 is useful for disease like Parkinson's dis, Alzheimer's, schizophrenia, hyperactivity disorder etc.Tests are going on and result will be out in 2017. Also otsuka pharma in Japan has a similar medicine licensed. Too many companies doing r&d for Alzheimer's medicines now. Dnt have much info abt the plus points of suven 502 when compared to other drugs.

9. Kris

Kris New Member

I appreciated all the respected forum members - for providing with healthy information and always trying to make the thread with valuable points. Special thanks to the admins/moderators for the efforts on the same.
    with thanks & Best wishes!
    Kris

10. stockjeet18

stockjeet18 Member

Yes so only Venkat jasti s spending heavily

11. uppu.narayan

uppu.narayan New Member

Hi,

Go for camlin fine science and ignore the rest though granuels is also better. When you have many good quality investing your strength in one is very smart move :)

Regards,
    Narayan