Saral Gyan stock advisory

Discussion in 'Stock Advisory Services' started by Sonia, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Sonia

Sonia Member

Dear All,

Please share your experience if you have subscribed to any services of SaralGyan.

They have a diwali offer, I am planning to subscribe. If anyone know about their services, please openly share feedback on their services.

Many thanks.

Mr Yogi likes this.
  2. SUNNY

SUNNY Member

I too want to subscribe to PE services, but afraid that what they say in their website are 100% true, all they are showing the multibagger but no stock with negative returns which i doubt about them.

3. Livermore

Livermore Member

I can vouch that they (PE) listed ALL their stocks, good and bad. Nothing is hidden. Their USP is downside protection with upside potential. Siddharth at PE has more than 18+ years of experience as full time investor, having tasted bull and bear markets and also crashes. From his investing style, i feel, he will outperform in bear market while delivering decent performance in bull market.

BTW it is your hard earned money and you are unique as an investor and your emotions are unique. In stock market, longevity depends on your emotion to market situations. Hence choose an advisor based on your style. U may sell an existing stock when your advisor asks you to buy more, if your emotional behaviour does not match. Each advisor brings with their own style. Convince yourself before you subscribe based on the attributes that you value more. PE is one such successful advisory and there are others. In my experience, I like their originality and investing style and consistency.

4. Livermore

Livermore Member

Copying my view from another thread:

On saral gyan, I stopped investing in their recommendations the moment I found that they copied/published reports openly in their webpage for public view from other services such as katalystwealth (search in saralgyan for fluidomat or caplinpoint write-ups, they were lifted verbatim from Katalyst Wealth; even ********* blog claimed that saralgyan lifted some of its contents).

BTW saralgyan also delivered some multibaggers to their credit but don't know if they were original or some others'. To me as an investor, originality is very important else would stand exposed during market corrections - Not buying more when stock price comes down, if there is still high conviction in a stock's fundamental value; buying/selling at wrong times etc.

India needs more independent stock advisors with different investing styles, so that more retail investors can do direct equity investments. Let us wish to have more successful experienced original advisors so that there is healthy competition as well as multiple options to us customers.

hariohm151 likes this.
  5. Mani

Mani New Member

Hi Sonia,

I am a member of saral gyan and investing in their stocks since last 3.5 years. I must appreciate their services not just because I have made good profits but also I am satisfied with their after sales services. They do revert and guide you if you have any stock specific query. Its not like just collecting subscription money and forgetting you like what I have experienced with many other players.

Earlier I was into trading and suffered huge losses but later started investing in based on their recommendations. I do say that what so ever been claimed by saral gyan on their website is true whether it be past performance of their stocks or portfolio updates. I cannot disclose all the names of the stocks as it may not be right being a member but can surely say that these were their original picks. The stocks which they have already disclosed like Camlin fine chemicals, Kovai Medical, TCPL packaging, Sri Adhikari Brothers, Amara Raja batteries, Wimplast, Cera etc have given astonishing returns. I saw some of these stocks been recommended by other service providers like HBJ, Catalyst etc also but there is always a possibility that many advisory services / stock brokers recommend the same stock if future prospects of the company is bright. what important is that you should make good returns on your investments and should not be on wrong foot suffering losses by making wrong investments when it comes to share market.

Thanks.
    Mani.

Shrikant bapat, suchi and Sonia like this.
  6. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

Yes sunny you are right , if any Advisory firm get 100 % sucess in calls , he him self use his calls and
    with in 5 years he will become richest man in the world why they are giving calls to investors or traders and get few rupees fees....

Warren Buffett is also having some failures .... he is not having 100 % sucess formula

in my view 100 % sucess is not possible in stock market .....

Shrikant bapat and suchi like this.
  7. Livermore

Livermore Member

Just a neutral view: all past records are meant to be broken. Let us have an open mind and curiosity to learn.

I am sure when buffett posted his returns in his initial days, lot of people might not have believed him and would have questioned his claims/data etc. And when people see consistency in his performance and feel left out, they start to study that guy's trick/method/process. Then they start to follow him every inch.

Same case in sports. See now, 100 metres can be run under 10 seconds. People initially attribute such performance to steroids/drugs etc and then start to believe that anything is possible.

If a person is achieving results, it may be time to wake up and take notice with open mind.

Ravi M and Srouta Mukherjee like this.
  8. Sachin pathak

Sachin pathak Active Member

No harm understanding investment approaches/philosophy of extremely successful value investors... So lets see what is Siddharth's personal track record...

And could you list which of these legendary investors run any subscriptions and issue regular recommendations for their subscribers

9. Livermore

Livermore Member

Let us not brush aside an individual's performance just because he runs a subscription service. We as individual investors need to have open mind to learn from others successes/mistakes. I read basant's "the thoughtful investor" - very good book - we need more such Indian investors to share their experiences. Waiting for a book on RJ way...

All legendary investors ran/managed (or in present tense) funds/private partnerships etc, which charged fees yearly. Say peter lynch or Howard marks or joel grenblatt or even buffett during partnership days etc. They published their styles into books after or towards fag end of their active investing of public money.

In India, we miss our people's own experiences in the market, because everybody critisises every other person, missing the sharing of good/bad lessons. And we investors need to read western books, follow western investing styles etc. I am sure that RJ's way is unique than anyone in the world. Why no book on RJ's way?

I feel, we are not open minded. And only know how to attack personally. Eventually we only will be losers.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
    Ravi M and Srouta Mukherjee like this.
  10. Sachin pathak

All legendary investors ran/managed (or in present tense) funds/private partnerships etc, which charged fees yearly. Say peter lynch or Howard marks or joel grenblatt or even buffett during partnership days etc. They published their styles into books after or towards fag end of their active investing of public money.

Partnerships and running/managing funds - thus with accountability and personal stake Is very different from stock advisory firms a charging fees for simply suggesting names of stocks with absolutely no downside and no fear of law and the harsh HNI backlash in case of failure. Some dont even care about their reputation/name bein damaged.

Care to share siddharth track record... The fact i am asking thisthe second time indicates that the individuals performance hasnt as yet been brushed aside.

11. Livermore

Livermore Member

"Care to share siddharth track record... The fact i am asking thisthe second time indicates that the individualsperformance hasnt as yet been brushed aside."

BTW if you are asking me, I am not his benami ;) this is what is publically available in PE's website - https://prudentequity.com/index/advisory .

Performance: Stock Recommendations
    Year Returns
    2014 90.68%
    2013 41.55%
    2012 60.20%
    Rs.10 lacs invested in Prudent Equity recommendations has become Rs.43 lacs in 3 years. This is a compounded annual return of 62.91% for three years.

12. Livermore

Livermore Member

One can believe or not believe this performance. Ask for sebi or CA audit.. Say that it is a bull market etc.

I could recollect the same when another famous full time investor who ran a successful advisory and closed it recently, claimed 60+% cagr in his individual portfolio while some of his members also shared their portfolio returns of 50-55% cagr, most people did not believe, and asked for sebi audit etc in social media. For sure he created hundreds of crorepathis before he closed his service. Again people asked, if he invested in his recommendations, he could have become multi millionaire but he did not figure in 1% holding list in any company. I am sure that he would have become multi millionaire and went peacefully to next stage of investing career (could be advisor for institutions or HNIs and mint even more money without public nuisance/headache).

Only retail investors suffer in the mudslinging and perennial debates.

If numbers are too good to be believed, pick up phone, talk to that person, understand how/why performance is obtained and most importantly whether/how/why it would be repeatable in future and if the person has originality, and if convinced, join the service to get a direct experience; and renew/not renew a year later based on one's direct experience. Otherwise one would be in dilemma forever caught in these public debates, missing good opportunities. In India, problem is to identity few good among the many worsts/copycats.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
    Ravi M likes this.
  13. Sachin pathak

I asked for siddharth's track record and not PE's ( which spans just 2.5years and this 2.5yrs being the first of the ongoing bull run)

14. Long Term

Long Term New Member

Exactly !! nailed it. Couldn't agree more. :)

15. uppu.narayan

uppu.narayan New Member

@Sonia
    Don't go for gyans I had enough :) constantly adding new stocks making news and their past records from bseindia site related to financial will be good enough to make 40% return aram seh... Timing entry , exit and regular tracking of stock is important.
    There is a saying don't be trader be a wealth creator! Saral gyan and many more they will turn you into trader just avoid them.

Regards,
    Narayan

16. Sonia

Sonia Member

@uppu.narayan

Intially started with Mutual funds, Reliance pharma, Reliance gold and franklin infotech fund, have -ve returns in gold fund, overall 17% returns in 2yrs i.e. from 2012-2014, bad investment decision, but didn't lose money.

Not everyone has the time and inclination to analyse stocks and be able to identify potential wealth creators. Since oct 2014, i started investments in stocks, bought all in small quantities, stocks named tata motors, titan company, dhp india, hero moto, renuka sugar, tata steel....all messed up either wrong stock or i bought it at the wrong price.

Finally still deciding to choose right equity research firm and invest in mid/small cap quality stocks for maximum returns, ofcourse comes with high risk, but hope their call on exit or buy works outs in subscribers interest and hose stock would outperform the benchmark consistently over a period of 5-7 years..

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  17. Sachin pathak

Of the names you mention but for renuka and dhp ( i dont know this scrip at all) .. I wouldnt complain even if i am in the red now.

18. bhaskarbora67

bhaskarbora67 Member

Which service of saralgyan is best? hidden gems or valuepick?

anyone who want to know about prudent can mail me @
    bhaskarbora67@gmail.com or whtspp me @ 09678009131

19. Occasional_visitor

Occasional_visitor New Member

@bhaskarbora67 why don't you disclose the information about prudent here in the forum

20. bhaskarbora67

bhaskarbora67 Member

Prudent equity is run by Sidharth Oberoi. He is good at discovering
    good stocks earlier than other recommendation services. He buys very
    cheap and sell out quickly. Not all stocks are of great quality but
    still give good returns. He recommended Wimplast at 210,Avanti feeds
    at 177, control print at 52, granules at 97before split but sold
    quickly. If someone follow his recommendation and sell only partially
    one can make great returns from the unsold stocks. Out of 43 stocks he
    recommended only 3 were sold at loss, maximum loss of 6 percent only.

3 types of stocks he recommend 1) Stock recommendation(which maxm allocation is 8 percent), stock are relatively strong 2) value picks(maxm 5 % allocation) , less quality than 1st category 3) Long term for 3 years or more with expected CAGR 20 % or more (maxm 5 % allocation).

Doesnot recommend regularly every month, but sometimes recommend 4 stocks within a month.

Holding Prudent stocks even after Sidharth sell call is own risk, still by 2-3 years those held stocks turn to 5 baggers or more.