Comparison of well-known stock advisory services

Discussion in 'Stock Advisory Services' started by Arjun, Mar 19, 2015.

1. SheruTips

SheruTips New Member

Never join any paid services.. all analysts keep their interest ahead of customers.. after sebi guidelines, it has really become tough for them to ask their customers to buy at good valuations.. because they can't recommend the stock Which they have bought before 30 days of their buying.. and most of time, STOCK already shoots ahead by that time.. and it is further pushed up by large subscriber base.. that means you often land up buying the stock 40 To 50 % higher rate...

2. Sonia

Sonia Member

@n.singh @Adi_NTPC @Raaz @Rahul Arora @Parin Gala @Sagar Sheokand

Its been more than a month that I have been deciding which stock advisory firm to subscribe with.
    I had closely interacted with the below firms; my intention is long term investment for 3-5yrs:
    • Alpha Invesco
    • Prudent Equity
    • SaralGyan
    • StockAxis
    • Equity Master
    • MoneyLife
    • Dalal Street Investment Journal
    All have their pros & cros, I don't have the patience to write on all and plus readers may have a lot to comment on. So finally I am plan to share my choice i.e. SaralGyan despite the fact that they not SEBI certified. I am in favor of SaralGyan since they surely recommend 1stock a month, plus they have a diwali muhurat stock portfolio, 5multibagger stocks, new years stocks for 2016. Performance of all the stocks are great.

I will get so many choices to select and do analysis before I plan to buy the stock. So I plan to choose combo2 subscription i.e. Hidden gem & value pick. I think I will start with this. hopefully I would be able to recover the subscription fees. In future I may plan for Prudent Equity as currently it looks like only one person is running PE, i.e. Siddhart, for one man to recommended stock every month would not be an easy job, PE says not getting any opportunity, when SaralGyan can recommend every month and also their stocks can perform, then I dont understand why not PE or Alpha Invesco, Alpha has not recommended since Feb 2015, they claim 5x/10x and if their focus is few stock and if the stock perform like their Hall of shame stocks, then its a loss for me. Moneylife.in is a great website, but they focus on large caps so returns are less, they have panther stock subscription for small caps, but didnt find great, plus their stocks are known to everyone.

Anyways, I welcome anyone who has had done a extensive survey and can recommend an Equity research firm, since I am still in decision making phase.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
    RectangularPaper likes this.
  3. Livermore

Livermore Member

@Sonia ji, I am/was subscriber to all in your list except stockaxis and money life.

Each has its own investing style/philosophy. Don't look at performance return % alone. Look for consistency, originality, transparency and customer-orientedness. Talk to them, ask tough questions on their styles (ask open ended questions like what would they do if their recommendation goes down by 30% etc).

On saral gyan, I stopped investing in their recommendations the moment I found that they copied/published reports openly in their webpage for public view from other services such as katalystwealth (search in saralgyan for fluidomat or caplinpoint write-ups, they were lifted verbatim from Katalyst Wealth; even ********* claimed that saralgyan lifted some of its contents).

On prudent equity, I can vouch that their performance page contains ALL their stocks, good and bad. You can find that current mkt price of their closed calls themselves are further up multiple times from their sell price. They found these gems early and were also early to exit. Their Focus is to multiply the portfolio than bragging about multibaggers. At cmp, almost all stocks are multibaggers. In my experience, PE is the most original, best performing advisory. Even Katalyst Wealth is worth it in terms of originality and responds to customer queries.

Having said, my advice is to subscribe to 2-3 advisors and check their style to match yours. Ultimately we need to take full responsibility to our actions to become wealthy. Advisors are just advisors.

Mr Yogi, paturi and Sonia like this.
  4. Shreepad

Shreepad New Member

I prefer to do my own research in stocks. Following others brain is futile. From this website I came across to the name of *********. Out of curiosity I purchased their book. To my surprise, the book is very helpful. Equity research and procedure is written in easy language and many examples from Indian market. Good work.

I suggest not to use others brain. Do your own research. There are many good books in the market, read those.

neo and V_reddy like this.
  5. V_reddy

V_reddy New Member

From where can I get the ********* book?

6. Shreepad

Shreepad New Member

V_reddy likes this.
  7. Sonia

Sonia Member

Model portfolio's are good, but when free services come into picture they don't assure you returns. At least if we subscribe to PE or SaralGyan or any other, they will give some assurance and would like us to be subscribed with them for n years. I did a comparison between both of these firms in terms stock performance, attached are the picks.

SaralGyan- recommends 2 stocks monthly in hidden & value pick, plus they have diwali offer, multibagger, new years picks- so i feel i can do my own analysis and choose the stock. They diwali portfolio of 1yr always give good returns. Cost 10k

PE- only recommends average 12stocks a year, so not much choice but performance is good, 95% accuracy. Cost 20k

Attached Files:

Mr Yogi and RectangularPaper like this.
  8. partha

partha New Member

But in another thread all r giving opinion dat prudent equity n dey created fake id to fool us .... wat is dis .... n tel me ur opinion on **********

9. Amit Das

Amit Das New Member

Mr. Partha,
    I have membership of both ********* and Prudent Eq. I have earned very handsome money from 5-6 share recommendations of *********. But there are also 3-4 recommendations by ********* which were recommended at high valuations and they have undergone long time correction. My membership with ********* is still active and will remain active till 2020 due to multi-year membership, I had taken in 2013-14.

But since last 7-8 months I am following mainly Prudent Equity recommendations. I find their recommendations have more safety consideration with respect to valuations at which they recommend. But, their recommendations are only 12-15 stocks a year. But I believe Quality is important than Quantity.

Fees of ********* is lower than Prudent Equity. If your allocation to Equity portfolio is Rs. 5 lakh plus, the fees of Prudent Equity of 20k may not be felt high. Now, You have to decide.

paturi and Srouta Mukherjee like this.
  10. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Good review of both services.

11. Mukesh

Mukesh New Member

Hi Guys,

I have been in the stock market for last 7-8 years lost so much of money, even my savings also I lost in stock market, finally by God's grace I found a reliable source for investment in stock

Actually the hard fact is Retail investors are the losers and the money they lose is earned by Big Boys of stock market, these Big Guys are actually the ones who Drive the market, they literally run the market why because they have 100s & 1000s of Crores in their pocket...the money they invest in stock which actually control the movement of that stock is called Smart Money...which is the back end driver of the market which very few people know about...

After going to sai baba's temple by his grace only I got one resource who is the Actually the part of Big Boys Group of Indian Stock market, they drive the stock prices in Real! yes I repeat they move it from point A to point B!

I am actually looking for other Resources, Contacts of Such Operators, Funds who are running the market from the back seat...as I have decided never to trade or invest based on tips, broker advise, TV pundits, etc etc

I wish to ONLY & ONLY invest and trade if it is operator, FII, Fund based call if you know any such source and wish to share with us all forum members then please inform us... I would too also like to share their information of a source that I have if you are interested in, for that you need to message me...I am trying to search more such sources and invest only based on that...It is a win-win situation you share with me, I share you, if you do not know any such source do not worry I will still share my source with you however in future if you ever find any such source you can share with me if not then too not to worry its ok...my email is => shivoham005@gmail.com

Just think for a second, are the Big Boys investing for 15-20% returns per year? NO they are not in stock market for that much, they earn 100-300% per year...please note they ask for minimum investment of 5 lacs NOT less than that...

Mr Yogi likes this.
  12. paturi

paturi New Member

I agree with you fully. The success rate of PE is more than 90%. But don't expect one call for every month. It is not correct also. However they are giving 12 calls average per year.

13. paturi

paturi New Member

I am happy with PE. it is my personal experience.

14. narayan.pal

narayan.pal Active Member

How is your experience in Saral gyan??

15. RK Pareek

RK Pareek New Member

But as said earlier by some friends *********** changes his recomandation rates when stock go below Reco. price e. g . S**o** was at recomanded at 85 in earlier now showing as reco, rate 80

16. SheruTips

SheruTips New Member

11th Oct.....
    Buy Ashiana housings @ 164 for target of 200..

BUY DCB BANK @ 82 for target of 100

Buy Good luck steel @ 90 for target of 110

Buy Nitin spinners @ 58 for target of 72

Buy Hsil @ 284 for target of 340....

Time frame 15 > 30 > 45 days...

17. VIVEK VERMA

VIVEK VERMA New Member

Mujhe Subh tips se phone aaya.They give 3 day trial jo target hit huye.Inhone mujse life time member ship 5600 rs aur one month ki premium service ke 15000 rs alag se le liye aur mehine me 13 calls ka promise kiya.par sirf 4 calls hi de.kya koi tarika he ki mere paise wapas mil jaye.please help me

18. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Who has given tips? What is name of firm?

19. Kekin

Kekin New Member

20. Kekin

Kekin New Member