HUNT FOR INVESTABLE STOCKS

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by shakti khanduri, Nov 7, 2015.

1. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

I am always confronted with this question . How to find them? Where to look for them?Please help me by throwing some light ,born of your own experiences, on this topic.I hope it will be of interest to most of us.

2. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

One way is to do COAT-TAIL. Start research by finding what other investors have done. Not copy-paste but ideas for stock picking can come from there.

shakti khanduri likes this.
  3. New_Investor

New_Investor Active Member

Right. But don't follow anybody blindly. Not even big bulls and market gurus. Don't follow experts blindly. Listen to everybody's views, analyze the data and do what your brain tells you to do. But at your own risk only. You should be solely responsible for your actions (even if you win or fail) and should not blame any adviser/ expert etc. There is a proverb in marathi language "Aikave janache karave manache". Meaning : Listen to what others say but do what your mind (/ brain) tells you to do.

4. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

100% AGREED! :)

5. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

Dear sir, this is very valuable question and useful to all , in my view i follow some steps to identify invest able
    stocks
    1.Sector Growth
    2.Company Growth
    3.Good Domestic Sales
    4.Exports and foreign revenue
    5.Profit Margin
    6.Risk factors of company business
    7.Company Diversification in products and other sectors
    8.Valuations of the company

all the best

6. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

@ Mr Murthy Mr Mukherjee, thanks .Wisdom from other senior investors, with many years of investing experience , like Mr Pathak, Mr Kharb,Mr Fun_Da_Mentalist,Mr Padival et al is still awaited. I am certain their guidance will be of immense use . There are other seasoned investors but ,because of my ignorance , their names are known to me - hence I would beg to be excused but their advice is also very important for learner like me.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015