Porinju Veliyath Bought Shares Of BDH Ltd

Discussion in 'Stock Picks Of Wizards' started by Arjun, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Arjun

Arjun Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Staff Member

Porinju Veliyath has bought shares of BDH Ltd

https://rakesh-jhunjhunwala.in/why-is-porinju-veliyath-bullish-about-this-micro-cap-pharma-stock/

2. emmanuel leorn

emmanuel leorn New Member

Dont go for the Stock Picks of Porinju veliyath because he picks for Short term and knows when to get out whilem Retail Investors arent that educated or intelligent.... Basically I would stay away from his Stock Picks and would learn through trial and error or pick blue chip stocks or midcaps which are good and are less averse to risks..... Stay Invested for Long term and always look for bumper returns.... think of ur Investments like an FD and go long..... 2-3 years is Ideal.....

3. Elric

Elric New Member

While his stock pick may or may not be a multi bagger, the question for retail investors to ask is this -

What % of Mr. Porinju's wealth is the 20 lakhs that he invested in this stock?

I am guessing - negligible.

So what allocation would you choose to put in the stock?

4. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Hmmm ... interesting. However, it is possible he is accumulating the stock otherwise.

5. sajid kazi

sajid kazi New Member

meenakshi pl put some input on arvind infra

6. jewelma

jewelma New Member

7. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

I am so afraid of quality of stocks Porunju picks that even if I buy these stocks at half the price,I can not sleep or I am not able to understand fully...As he is reported to have made money for his Investers,so to me he looks to be brave,risky and different.If he is successful ,which only his investers may be knowing, than certainly he is following a different style which will be difficult to emulate by small invester like me..I could mostly co relate with at least few of stock picks of other big investers but never with him.But I fully agree that success is only yard stick and style does not matter.Still trying to understand him and his style of investing.I have great respect to all successful investers inpite of criticism some time.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
    Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  8. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

@Mr kharb, Sir you have not made it clear - you have respect for Poruju because he gives results or is it because his style is conundrum to most of the investors ?

9. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

100% Agreed with @kharb sir.

10. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

I think this is reason. Jo jeeta wohi sikandar! :) But once results go all is fail. These are dabba stocks for bull market mood.