Indian Terrain Fashions Ltd (pick by The Ace Investor)

Discussion in 'Stock Picks Of Wizards' started by bazaariyan, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Fun_Da_Mentalist

Fun_Da_Mentalist Active Member

Honestly I fail to understand why we are discussing the ability of proven people whose brilliance is well established beyond doubt. Irrespective of who is s better investor the fact is we have a helluva lot to learn from all of them⛄️

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  2. Vin Bag

Vin Bag New Member

Well articulated Sachin.

3. Sachin pathak

Sachin pathak Active Member

Reading your first line leaves me appalled and so wont even bother reading the rest of your message in detail.. 3 decades of being in markets - is your claim. You may want to Look up this link. Interesting put up by NSE itself. Nothing more to say about you...

https://www.nseindia.com/content/indices/ind_cnx_nifty.pdf.

Unfortunately for you the base value of Nifty ( which was launched in 1995) is 1000 and not 100 as you wisdom seems to be reflecting

4. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Yes you R right it was 1000 but thirty years some time back fires as we just write, some time mistakes do happens,but this in no way result into Reliance Growth Fund superior performance which is up 79 times in last 20 years.There are many funds in India which has done better than Berkshire .More over you did not consider dividend reinvestment ,while Sensex compnies had given dividends but Berkshire did not.I shall write in details about Indian fund manager out performance over Berkshire after proper home work.

5. Sachin pathak

Unfortunately the misfiring changed the equation completely... Nifty grows on 7.8 times and not 78 times.

And if a CAGR of 23% on indian index is par with a similar return on the US mkts...as you wisdom seems to suggest then i suggest let us agree to disagree and dont waste your time doing your homework for atleast where i am concerned i would simply ignore your posts related to this

And WHY EDIT your message materially which essentially erases stuff factually incorrect??

6. Sachin pathak

@ kharb,

Bloodbath at kitex explained... And your opinion on india terrains southbound journey noted.

what about the blood bath at another textile company vardhaman textiles... Last i saw it was also down 25% from its 52week high and all this in the recent past.

7. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Dear Sachin ,No harm in editing a mistake ,why you are not shifting discussion from a mistake to Berkshire Performance comparision with one of oldest Indian pvt sector mutual scheme Reliance Growthfund since inception and many more funds .Please post comparison of Reliance Growth fund vs Berkshire .

8. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Dear Sachin ,I had already posted long back that I exited Vardhman textile between 860 to 900.I was expecting it to go down to 650 as a FII was exiting due to redemption pressure back home.But as stock reached to 700,another FII sealed the deal and stock is on reverse journey and I missed the bus to buy cheap.But I mantain my view that in textiles from no 1 to 10, it is Vardhman textles only and than start 11th no from RSWM ,Arvind onwards.But for other Textiles stocks being fancied by stock market my view remains firmly opposite to market.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  9. Sachin pathak

Good entry point currently?

10. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Dear Sachin I don't know what can be a good entry point,if it had gone down further below 700,I would have been happy person.I know third quarter will be not a great quarter for many of textiles stocks and I was trying to wait to buy after third quarter results.But some FII has jumped,so not going down.So entry point is any body guess,but as far as company is concerned, it is undisputed leader and is only textile company present in all segments from fibre to spinning to weaving, dyeing,processing,finishing,sewing thread ,garmenting ..It has biggest spinning capacity in India and huge capacity in weaving and plan for biggest capacity in weaving.It is on track to become Globaly no one textile company .

11. Sachin pathak

Admitting a mistake is important and not editing the chain which when now read (with edited post) gives a completely different perspective to a reader on how the debate progressed..