Need some advice on my portfolio

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Suddharsan, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Suddharsan

Suddharsan New Member

I am holding following stocks as part of long term investment. Need some advice whether am on right track.
    BHEL
    DISH TV
    ICICI BANK
    JP ASSOCIATES
    KAVERI SEEDS
    MOTHERSUN SUMI
    NTPC
    REL. INDUS
    REL. INFRA
    TATA MOTOR DVR

I IN MARKET AS LONGTERM INVESTOR . PLEASE ANY INPUTS .

THANK YOU.

2. dineshkapoor27

dineshkapoor27 Active Member

Man! I hate write it, but I dont like any of your stocks except maybe Motherson and TaMo. Get out of BHEL, JPA, RIIL for sure I think. BHEL and JPA have cash flow problems and RIIL is under stress due to oil crash which doesnt seem to ease for at least 3-5 years. ICICI has NPA problems, Kaveri seeds has issue with the GM patents payments etc. NTPC is a slow mover and that can show some promise in the future, but I think the play in power sector is in the T&D business and not generation. TaMo DVR is good and Motherson is a great company with earnings visibility and great management. Dish TV is ok, but still I feel that you can find better alternatives in the same space. Zee ent is one for example, or even TV today.

3. Suddharsan

Suddharsan New Member

Great sir... Thank you for your valuable suggestion.

4. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

i think very small exposure to bhel or jpa is not that bad idea.only very small say 1-2% of pf. rest all are great long term stories. say 7-10 years. if you can hold that long it may give good returns.all the best.

5. Suddharsan

Suddharsan New Member

I can hold for longterm 10yrs.Thank you sir.

6. dineshkapoor27

dineshkapoor27 Active Member

Just to clarify, I have problem with BHEL's cash flow, so I am concerned about the order execution and money required for it. Otherwise, it has good order books. But I feel if you need to invest in this space then invest in L&T. JPA will have to sell its core assets to pay off all the debts. If you haven't invested already, then dont invest in JPA or book minor losses which you can recover by investing in better infra companies like Godrej properties, Arvind infra or even a pharma name like Alkem, Lupin etc.

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.