Proposal of Taxing PF shows Modi Govt Total Disconnect With Educated Middle Class

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by kharb, Mar 5, 2016.

1. New_Investor

New_Investor Active Member

Nice Post. Keep it up.

kharb and Srouta Mukherjee like this.
  2. darth

darth Active Member

Actually I am no fan of any government.... I dont place my future in anybody elses hands.

Anybody critiziing should himself be open to some critisism aswell... @kharb and I dont need to publicly display our mutual respects to each other for the benefit of other members in here.

3. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

give respect and take respect:)
    *applicable to everybody

kharb likes this.
  4. darth

darth Active Member

You dont DEMAND respect. You EARN it!!!!!!

5. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Dear Friends- I am not blind critic of Govt ,even if it might have given impression of late. My any criticism of Govt policy does not mean my endorsement of their opponent,and in this regard, I have no doubt about maturity level of my all friends .Lot of my crticism has been because of govt earlier assumed intention of imposing Long term capital gain( which fortunately never come,I don't know , govt decided against that due to smart selling by FII or this was misused by short sellers to short market,but in both cases govt might have hinted against that if it has no intention,failures to hint against that in time is cause of suspicion),proposal of Taxing of PF and increase in allocation for MENREGA ( not due to its holy intention for helping poor rural public but due to not directing it for creating rural infrastructre like roads,bridges,schools,hospitals,sewerage plants ,water supply,skill Devolpment or subsidy to industry creating jobs in those remote areas),or not doing enough for economy because of which growth in earnings of compnies is not taking ,resulting in slow down in industry which resulted in stock market crash and less growth in jobs. ..All of these are related to economics and savings ,important part of investment. I am sure Govt will take all these criticism positively for its better performance in future .Taxing of PF or directing it to invest with Foreign Insurance Compnies is against PM Modi own statement ,minimum government ,Maximum Governess. So where investers should invest is none of Govt business, which govt Unfortunately is trying to do in case of PF.In our country annuity business is still under devolpe, when ever it will mature or give competitive returns, people will automatically invest there.When wealth managers start advocating investment in annuities with insurer, people will invest there without govt direction.Even risking of being branded just govt critic,I am sure Govt will still keep in mind that Knowldgeable critics may be better to listen than to depend on just blind suppporters for future better performance.There are large no of other political issues between govt and Oppostion which media is busy,but as none of them is directly related to economics and investment, these are none of our business in this invester form.Disclaimer-I voted for Modi in last polls for his devolpment plan and has voted differently in all previous polls based on issues at that time but is not attached to any party or not blind follwer of any party .Inspite of my crticisim, I wish every Govt ,be it Central or any state ,to be highly Successful ,as in Success of Govts lies success of the nation .This is my wish , as I don't belong to any party.To stop repeation, I stop all future posts on these subjects as these has already served the purpose of showing resentment to Govt.Thanks to all who supported the issues and due regard to those who used their right of disagreement to these issues.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  6. w4wealth

you can earn respect only when you deserve it.
    read my previous post carefully:)

kharb likes this.
  7. New_Investor

News for Kharbji. I just heard on Zee Business Channel, that Vijay Mallya had deducted EPF from Kingfisher employees salaries/ wages but not deposited the same with the EPF department. Apart from that, Vijay Mallya had not paid about 8 months salary/ wages to Kingfisher employees. These were bad news.
    Now some good news. Read this news https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...rom-diageo-rules-drt/articleshow/51290561.cms
    Absolutely right

kharb likes this.
  8. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

There is long history of healthy debate in forum of past. So heated discussion is not new and nothing is there to worry :)

Good point. Clever enemy is better than foolish friend.

kharb likes this.
  9. prashant

prashant Active Member

Dear kharbji,
    please continue your thoughts as usual . All of us welcome your posts. Good discussion is the purpose of this forum .

None of us need to prove our loyalty towards any political party or government . I request you to keep posting your views as usual. As you pointed rightly , just imagine a private employee whose PF is worth 1 crore and pays, 15+ lacks as tax at the end of his retirement, its big blow .

Once again I request you to keep enlightening this forum with your views .

Best regards,
    Prashant

Best regards,
    Prashant

kharb, w4wealth and Srouta Mukherjee like this.
  10. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

100% Agreed. Healthy debate is must for mind development :)

kharb likes this.
  11. darth

darth Active Member

Whats there to read in there except for some notion that one gets respect only if one gives respect. its like you stratch my back and i will stratch yours. Some kind of mutual admiration club huh? You are welcome to the membership of any such club. Thats not for me...

And i absolutely love it when people respect me grudgingly.

K.Mahesh likes this.
  12. prashant

prashant Active Member

kharb and w4wealth like this.
  13. darth

darth Active Member

The proposal is withdrawn. Has intention been withdrawn too? Could stage a comeback in future

14. prashant

prashant Active Member

Yes darthi,
    I agree . So we need to be vigilant , it was really nasty and unexpected move . Lets hope for good .
    Thanks & Regards,
    Prashant

kharb likes this.
  15. prashant

prashant Active Member

missed ji :)

kharb likes this.
  16. w4wealth

as i said earlier.

kharb likes this.
  17. New_Investor

Good news for Kharbji. Proposal for Tax on EPF withdrawal has been rolled back. Maybe Modiji has read strong comments of Kharbji on this forum and ordered the FM Ministry to roll back the proposal.
    Just kidding, Kharbji. No hard feelings.

prashant and kharb like this.
  18. Farhan Ghumra

Farhan Ghumra Active Member

Let's hope FM doesn't touch LTCG limit.

prashant likes this.
  19. Rajesh

Rajesh Member

Jetley imposed, Modi refused. I don't agree and I don't see it separately. It is the power of people that in spite of big JNU drama, people raised their voices to bend this anti-people government.
    Please don't take it against BJP, I see no difference in Congress too.

prashant and kharb like this.