SIP stocks

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Mohnish, May 5, 2016.

1. Mohnish

Mohnish New Member

Dear members,
    Need some valuable advice on my sip portfolio.
    1.ITC,Idfc bank,HDFC bank(3k each per month)
    2.dhfl,granules,l&t finance(2k each per month)
    3.essel propack,goodyear India(2.5k per month)

2. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

If I have to chose only two best among your list,I may mention HDFC bank and DHFL.

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  3. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Granules is must have stock. L&T Fianace is dark horse stock. ITC and HDFC Bank is avoid IMHO Better to go for small cap and midcap stocks which have blue chip status like CapF or Chola or Sundaram or even Bajaj Finance.

kharb likes this.
  4. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

good allocation.

5. Mohnish

Mohnish New Member

Thanks experts.

6. darth

darth Active Member

Why goodyear, IDFC Bank and L&T Finance?

7. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

No idea of goodyear but LT Finance may be dark horse stock

L&T Finance would be a dark horse in the NBFC pack: Mehraboon Irani, Nirmal Bang Securities

I have a slightly different view on this. What you get is a consensus buy and everybody is going out and talking about the Bajaj Finance which is the best NBFC around. Mahindra & Mahindra Finance has a good management, has made a turnaround in operations and is definitely a good company. Also Shriram Transport went up sharply after the numbers. Then you have Equitas, you have Ujjivan which is going to get listed in the next few days. So there are a whole lot of companies which otherwise are good but I have slight reservations about the way the stocks have gone up. On one side, you talk of growth as far as NBFCs go. I agree but you do not question the quality of their assets. There is a company over which has gross non-performing assets of over 6 per cent. You do not question it whereas in the case of banks you do not look at the growth, you talk of the quality of assets. So this is not the right way to look at it. So somewhere around the line, if your ROE is 12-13 per cent, it is going to be 15 per cent with GNP of around may be 6 per cent.

I do not understand as to why this stock had to go up in a hurry but certainly this is the space which you do not need to look at if they correct. As I mentioned earlier, Bajaj Finance is definitely the best NBFC around, my second best bet would be a toss up between Shriram Transport and M&M Finance but the dark horse in this pack is a company which announced results yesterday, a stock which we have otherwise never liked but are looking at it afresh. It is L&T Finance. The company has a strategy in place to change the business model and if that works out, it is going to be a dark horse in the pack for the sheer reason that this is a stock which is a consensus buy when the IPO came and people have suffered, time has passed, nothing has been gained. So at the end of it, there could be a catching up to do with the stock provided the strategy of the management turns out well. L&T Finance would be a dark horse in this pack.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...rmal-bang-securities/articleshow/52108492.cms

IDFC Bank is going for merger and bank license

IDFC rallies 14%: Will it benefit from bank licence rules?

Shares of IDFC rallied over 14 percent in trade after the Reserve Bank of India yesterday published draft guidelines for on-tap banking licences, which may do away with the need for the bank holding company structure.

Read more at: https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/market-outlook/idfc-rallies-14-will-it-benefitbank-licence-rules_6556901.html

https://rakesh-jhunjhunwala.in/forum/threads/idfc-bank-from-idfc-valuation-and-future-earnings.892/page-7#post-16764

8. stockWisdom

stockWisdom Member

I am taking two stocks for SIP. One Mid and one Large cap stocks.

Britannia
    Larsen & Toubro

9. KiranRam

KiranRam New Member

My SIP are in
    -----
    Manali Petro
    SCI
    WaterBase
    Managalam Drugs
    TVS Motors
    NILA INFRA

experts pls advise .

10. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

SCI, Waterbase is good for sip

11. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

Select few stocks in Top 200 market cap stocks , select each sector 1 stock ,
    select growth stocks 5 or 6 sectors (Good performance sectors )
    Do SIP every month for 4- 5 years .....
    Profit booking is also more important ....

RectangularPaper, yembee and w4wealth like this.