1. XhaustedVolcano

XhaustedVolcano New Member

What is your view on the stocks of Indiabulls group - specifically Indiabulls securities. The dividend yield is very high and has also given pretty huge capital appreciation. However, it does not find coverage by analysts - wonder why.

2. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Well, the IndiaBulls group has always been under a cloud over corporate governance issues. You may recall the huge controversy that was caused by the Veritas report which accused the company of seeking to enrich key shareholders. Indiabulls fought back with a police complaint against Veritas etc.

I think most investors are wary of the group though Motilal Oswal put a buy on IndiaBulls Housing Finance in June 2014 when it was at Rs. 355. Today, the stock is at Rs. 578.

There is a nice discussion about the issue at valuepickr with some people arguing that the negative perception is already in the price.

3. XhaustedVolcano

XhaustedVolcano New Member

You are right - may be the governance is an issue - but there is hardly anything in the public domain other than the Veritas issue where also they had to kind of retract. But I wonder how they generate such good operating and financial metrics - for instance IBulls Home Finance on some parameters may be India's best mortgage financier! But for the governance cloud perhaps the valuation would have been much higher.

4. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

I think confidence is not there in India bulls group. There is no smoke without fire. Better safe than sorry. Also in a market crash such stocks will lose most while stocks like gruh repco will stay strong. Also slight rumor or news can send stock tumbling. So I think we have to be very careful about such stocks. In the greed for fast money we should not risk the capital.