Be Aware- stocks on free websites

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Sonia, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Basavaraj Bhumannavar

Basavaraj Bhumannavar New Member

2. Basavaraj Bhumannavar

The problem is not only with stock recommendations on free websites, but also on paid websites. The expert recommends a particular stock to more than 100 persons in on go and next day all these 100 paid subscribers rush to buy that stock, making the stock run 20% upside without any fundamentals and creating artificial upside circuits. Mean time the recommending person might have sold his holdings and already money, but these new buyers get trapped because after 3-4 days, the same stock comes down. So one should do his own homework before buying any stock on others recommendations. One should not expect peeled banana and should learn how to peel the banana, meaning do research before investing in stocks.

3. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

In my view problem is not of recommending to 100 persons paid or free to all.Problem is always with poor quality of stock,which due to poor liquidity results in sharp rise and then down fall with or without selling by recommender.If stock is of very good qualty with strong fundamentals with growth, it will be already having some liquidity ,so purchase or sell by 100 persons will have minimum impact .It will also ensure that recommender may also like to hold that for long term instead of selling just at 5% higher .So in my view any person or advisory who are not recommending Quality Stocks ,which you can buy and hold for long term with out disturbing your sleep are not worth following,it may be free or paid..In that case better you do your own research ,if not possible ,go to mutual funds or invest in Sensex or NIFTY stocks minus stocks of metals, commodity, PSU,mining,airlines ,utilities and real estate are always to be avoided.So Sensex or NIFTY stocks of IT,Pharma,FMCG,paints,Infra and capital stocks like L&T,Ultratech cement pvt banking and housing finiance stocks are worth investing specialy in a correction.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
    San8422 likes this.
  4. Basavaraj Bhumannavar

5. Basavaraj Bhumannavar

yes, you are right. That is why I do my own homework and research before investing in quality stocks. Of course, so far I never invested in Mutual funds. I could multiply my original investment by 400% in the last 29 months and I am quite happy about that. I am confident that in the next 14 months, my investment will multiply by 1000% (I mean 10 times of my original investment).

6. Sonia

Sonia Member

7. Sachin pathak

Sachin pathak Active Member

Lets hear the names buddy... And no portfolio build on hindsight ok..

8. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Dear Basavaraj Bhummanavar, Pl start sharing your knowledge with small investers as you seems to be a good stock picker from returns you mentioned.Eagerly waiting for your portfolio and future stock picks.

9. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

@Mr Basavaraj. Big claim of predicting Big acievement! Not bothered future macro scenario ?How do u do it?Even legends like Graham,Buffett are not certain about WHEN(time duration).

10. stockjeet18

stockjeet18 Member

We can't generalize the things so we should be aware of the things mentioned in the recommendations of stock buying in any blogs...
    Forum like valuepickr contributes huge knowledge to Investor community which you can't get any where ...
    Then value picks blog also contributes huge to us ... After all those things, it's our own due diligence which can save us

11. Sachin pathak

Lets hear the names buddy.... All are eagerly waiting

12. Sachin pathak

@ bazaariyan,

So what do you want this membe to do? Keep posting every hour is it? What's your number of posts in hre?

13. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

@Sonia
    [​IMG]

San8422 and Sonia like this.
  14. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

@Sonia
    [​IMG]

A man must believe in himself and his judgement if he expects to make a living at this game. That is why I don’t believe in tips.
    Jesse Livermore

San8422 and Sonia like this.
  15. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

San8422 likes this.