plz plz guide

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by wasim, Oct 5, 2015.

1. wasim

wasim New Member

Hi, I'm new to investing in share market. I am interested in these stocks: amara raja batteries, ashok leyland, sintex and one among granules India and Claris. Is my choice good. Plz advise.

2. Ganesh Babu

Ganesh Babu Member

All are best picks for long term and may create good wealth

3. dineshkapoor27

dineshkapoor27 Active Member

My suggestion Ashok leyland and Granules

4. SUNNY

SUNNY Member

Dear wasim, all the stocks you have listed are good ones, my advice if you are new and small investor go to mutual fund, stock market is very very risky.

5. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

Dear wasim ,
    if you are new to stock market first study fundamentals of Nifty 50 stocks and with in that select 5 sectors
    like 1.Banking , 2. Oil and Natural gas , 3. Metals , 4.FMCG , 5.Pharma
    each sector select one company and wait for correction and slowly invest in those 5 stocks with in nifty stocks

after getting experience slowly invest in mid cap stocks

your stock selection is good but all stocks are midcap stocks ( amara raja , ashok leyland , sintex ,granules , claris " all are good but you are new to the market , so i am suggesting like this ....
    If you have high to moderate risk apatite go a head sir...

ALL THE BEST

mannu63, suchi and Meenakshi Razdan like this.
  6. Sachin pathak

Sachin pathak Active Member

Hi,

You say you are new to the market. So how did you go about selecting the names you mentioned?

For me its ashok leyland and granules..... (but granules has recently run up from levels of 95)

Ashok leyland - downside is limited at these levels : upto 10%.

It -

Continues to show strong sales numbers. For Sept (YoY) Is 61% and MoM is 28% up.

Q2 YoY up 47% and QoQ up 33% and full year its reasonable to assume a ~ 40% volume growth over previous year.

So massive operational improvement seen.

And i havent even gone into the additional benefits which will accrue to the company on account of lower interest and input costs.

The one other good thing about auto stocks is that they are relatively easier to track. Their monthly sales numbers are public immediately and so you get some idea of how the company is performing

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  7. Sachin pathak

Disclosure : i hold both and am accumalating over the last 12-15 months. So honestly i am sitting pretty nicely on both these names

8. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

with out names and nifty details knowing is there any eligibility to invest in market ?

investing with out knowledge is gambling .....

in stock market there is no excuses to anybody .....

If we want to pass one exam we should study days together , but in stock market study

with out basics investment is not good

suchi and Meenakshi Razdan like this.
  9. Sachin pathak

Did you mean stock market investment without basic study is not good and not the otherway around.

If yes, then we should be careful for some new entrants to the stockmarket may take up the wrong advice.

@wasim : keep in mind the wise words shared by rama murthy.

From myside - i gave you my choice from the list provided. I invest only if i have strong convictions about the stock and at the end of the day that is what matters.... So invest in shares only if you are convinced about the names you mentioned and not because you were either told by some friends or brokers or the so called investment gurus

Also, if equities attract you and you are new to this then start off with Mutual Funds whilst you gain an understanding of the indian equity markets, the economy, the global situation, sector information and individual stocks.

Most in here already have built their own knowledge bank and so are able to advice and so have moved up the value chain.... And everybody's journey is surely laden with losses that they made including mine.

All the best buddy...

10. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

I want to share my views to all brothers

My English is very poor but try to understand my feelings

I may not reply all posts and discussions in grammatical and bombastic language

I am giving one example :

If we study Engineering or Medicine we need lakhs of rupees fees and study 4 years
    and study so many Books and attend practicals and finally pass tests

after that there is no guarantee to get Job .....
    but we struggle for our life , we take it as a profession ....
    In case of stock market lot of people are not treated it as a profession

they think it is a gambling place ... with investment of few thousands they want to try lakhs of rupees profit return
    In my view to get consistence in profits investor or trader should read lot of stock market books
    spent lot of money to books , internet , papers, training etc...

in my view it is also like that courses and it is also need above 4 years of vigorous study like engineering

i spent nearly 1 lakh to stock market books and day and night i read those books with the help of English Dictionary ..... because i am very poor in english ....
    so many nights my friends and me together long discussions ....
    i spent so many years sleepless nights ....

after so many years almost decades i reach my goal in comfortable trading and investment

today my strong feeling is " If market is there i will earn and live on that "

It is not so easy ....in Full time profession

I know so many part time traders and investors ...
    but full time earn and live with small capital is not so easy ...it should need lot of hard work

part time business generally they don't do that much hard work ....
    because their basic needs fulfilling with their job or other business or other source of incomes only

i am not degrading part time persons , but in our society stock market profession is no value , people treated as a gamblers , i faced lot of problems with relatives and friends .....
    If we are in a full time traders or investors my strong feeling is even no girl will not marry him also

My humble request to all brothers .... Treat a good business model and read good books and make a
    good investment or trade strategy ....

finally i want to say give respect to other Investors or Traders ....

some times in this forum i feel some members taking personal wrong notions in me ....
    when i read reply posts i feel like that ....

i am not going to loose any thing .... my strong feeling is with in 10 years i will become rich man no doubt ...
    my arsenal is that much strong i know it very well , in any market like Bull or Bear i will earn no doubt ...

but in this forum i spent my leisure time for some relaxation and do some help to other investors ....
    return i am not getting any money ? only sharing information to others ....

so kindly dont take personally some times my expression is wrong because of my poor language skills and printers devil ....

ALL THE BEST

11. Sachin pathak

In short - you have built your own solid knowledge bank.... Which if you read my message is exactly what i have said

Quote:

Most in here already have built their own knowledge bank and so are able to advice and so have moved up the value chain.... And everybody's journey is surely laden with losses that they made including mine.

End of quote

Also not to miss me tell the new entrant 'keep in mind the wise words of rama murthy'

But hey, if there is a grammatical mistake which conveys exactly opposite of what you mean then lets keep the trail corrected.

And please dont get all senti or emotional. Being this on the stock markets usually clouds rational decision making....

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.