Let the advisory services put their model portfolio here to decide the winner

Discussion in 'Stock Advisory Services' started by kharb, Oct 28, 2015.

1. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

I hear lot of discussion and recommendation on various advisory services.Some how many postings give feel that they are from interested parties and some time we see shadow boxing also between them.In my view if some advisory feel they are the top ,why not prove it here by posting their present recommenadtion model portfolio stocks to be invested now for long term.But I know that none will do,not because of one time loss of fee because that will be compensated many times if they proved they are real Gem,but because of fear of exposing them.But actually if some body is realy Competent, I think this is the best way to prove.If I were in their place,I would have done it not just to prove me ,but to challenge the competition.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  2. Carl Icahn

Carl Icahn Active Member

It is a great suggestion but it is not a practical one. Revealing the top picks by way of a model portfolio can destroy the business model of the advisory.

3. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

Is there any Advisory firm giving " Ledger Copy of a client from April 1 st to March 31 st
    last three years " it should be same client ledger copy with same stock broker account " if consistency
    in profits then advisory company standard will reveal to all

Rahul Arora likes this.
  4. Sachin pathak

Sachin pathak Active Member

Unrealistic expectation RMSC... Taking the annual subscription upfront, do they really care what the subscriber does after that?

Point is - these advisory firm thrive on the 'greed' , 'get rich quick' desire of 'gullible investors' . Most of these firms will not pass the scrutiny of any experienced investor. I remember when i once received a marketing call from one such firm, i had the guy in such a spot that he under the garb of transferring the line to his senior hung up .....

5. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

yes I know all these things sachin ...
    my experiance with a Advisory firm ...
    i received calls from Ahmadabad and indore ... he said are you trading in stock market ,i asked that person
    who given my cell number to you ? that person did not answer to me .... he said what is your success rate in market i said some number , he said are you sure ? i said i am telling based on my trade dairy , then
    he said our sucess rate is 95 - 100 % , then i replied to that person , why your owner giving these calls to all , he use his knowledge in his trading and in 4-5 years he will surely world richest man
    and also why are you doing job in that company trade with 1 lakh with your company tips and you will get huge money , he said i like job only ,he said please see in stocks sucess list in our website , then i said i dont want all those script list , please give a client " LEDGER COPY " from april 1 st to 31 st march ..2-3 years copy in a same broking account and same client , then he said it is not possible ....

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    shakti khanduri likes this.
  6. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

Tips always Pit Fall to a Investor or Trader

7. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

Very happy with your handling of the cocerned person.It should be taken as good guidance.

8. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

@shakti khanduri ji

Thank You Very Much sir,

If a person starting with 1 Lakh rupees in April 1 st and trading upto 31 st march
    Ledger will tell all the Truth if end of that financial year if he get 1.3 L then profit is Rs. 30000 , what stock they recommend is not a major point , profit numbers and consistency speaks fact .... in my view consistency in profits is more important
    so many world wide big financial and asset management companies get losses in recent years
    we are all know that fact
    innocent people are loose because of these attractions .....

9. BombayBoy

BombayBoy Well-Known Member

if they were experts at making money, they'd be making money, not selling advice

10. kong.ben

kong.ben New Member

@BombayBoy , @RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA all day trading tips provider are fake... long term advisory service (SEBI registered) on the other hand i think are legitimate ...
    "if they were experts at making money, they'd be making money, not selling advice" a company is undervalued because people haven't recognized that company yet. A long term adviser has to find a under valued counter and buy it for himself and tell his clients there by increasing its popularity and making people recognize its true value ,so the price increases.
    "Tips always Pit Fall to a Investor or Trader" yes trusting some unknown buffoon with no SEBI registration is idiocy but exception are always there.