Any reason for drastic fall in price of Vishnu Chemicals? Results are ok

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by mahendra.patankar, Feb 16, 2016.

1. mahendra.patankar

mahendra.patankar New Member

any reason for drastic fall in price of Vishnu Chemicals? Is there any game being played?

2. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

i think there is no big change happened, slight dissappointment with result and market wide selloff , both resulted in huge fall.

3. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

This is big problem with small cap stocks. Liquidity is low also margin finance may be there. Either UC or LC for such stocks.

4. mahendra.patankar

9 months results are impressive- EPS has almost doubled--overall good growth--- also shareholding as on 31-12-2015- investors such as Ashish Kacholia have take big positions-- Prakash Diwan had strong buy call on this

dec 15 qtr results are ok, but does not deserve almost 50% price erosion- its frustrating-

seems a case of price manipulation by vested interest.how to check this with SEBI?

5. mahendra.patankar

any news of promoters pledging like treehouse? it has been relentleslly falling? today down 18%-- something wrong surely somewhere

6. mahendra.patankar

sebi has its survelance dept to check the price manipulations

7. mahendra.patankar

long term investing is all talk - when people lose money in market they lose faith and that is the reason for not growing equity investors

w4wealth likes this.
  8. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Small cap are always risky, in my view invest in small cap through small or microcap mutual funds.They can inspect the business,religiousness of finincial no and management quality better as compare to individual small investers.Many of so called big investers work in tandom with permoters to shoot the price and permoters making right noises and reporting good (fake) results and then unloading to small investers .After fall as permoters starting correcting figures and shwing pressure in business ,after that small investers sell these back to permoters at fraction of buying price.This is historical game being played through leagal but unethical means.Although all compnies are not like this but only few out of thousands are of investment grade. In large cap such game is not possible. Even if you are bent upon investing directly in small cap,please ensure that More than one mutual funds are having that stock in portfolio. This is just for small investers as experts don't need any advice atleast from me.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    Sandeep Gupta, yembee and w4wealth like this.
  9. w4wealth

when sell off occurs across the market, ever stock get hammered without seeing its quality or potential. so what an investor in these times can do is average your holding by buying more at lower prices which will bring down your cost down.
    Nothing to worry in this situation. bcoz when market recovers quality stocks will recover faster.

10. w4wealth

long term investors should not panic in bad times . keep your faith and hold onto stocks. dont panic and book loss which will wipe out your capital. so patince is the key. wait for price to recover or add more stock at lower price

11. Parin Gala

Parin Gala A long term investor

Another 10% down today. Happy slaughter day :cool::p

12. yembee

yembee Active Member

Totally uncalled for comment... Pouring salt on the wound ... U call yourself religious

13. mahendra.patankar

stuck in a bad situation , looks like there is no end to fall. Its really frustrating seeing big value erosion every day without regard to fundamentals.

ROE- 26-27%,,, OPM-18-19%----- Mar 15 dividend-20%----

Whether company has reported cooked profits in earlier quarters ? There is surely something fishy in this.

14. yembee

yembee Active Member

Thats why I do not believe in concentrated PF of few stocks... Whatever TA or FA we do ... There is a bit of luck and chance also there... When ever we see value in any stock we should make an entry in small nos... as the confidence based on improvement we should pyramid our position .... When the whole market reaches new high we have to identify the laggards and kick them out ...

I still find this stock is good . Point of worry is DPS of 148 ( debt per share )

capture15.jpg

K.Mahesh likes this.
  15. BombayBoy

BombayBoy Well-Known Member

Never heard of the co/stock before.

You seem really aggrieved. If you've a reason to believe there's price manipulation, complain to the appropriate authority. But doubt anything will happen.

Did you buy it only because a certain guru bought it? Just looked up its charts and my guess is you bought in around the higher levels in August 2015. Since you're posting some numbers, you certainly know what you bought (assuming), keep calm and stay invested? I know it's easier said than done.

I can empathize with you, have several trades gone wrong over the years but got to blame ourselves.

Regarding faith - I believe in God, not in God-men.

16. yembee

yembee Active Member

Regarding faith - I believe in God, not in God-men.[/QUOTE]

Perfect

17. mahendra.patankar

Bought it purely on fundamentals after analyzing the past numbers--- NOT PURELY ON SOME GURU BUYING IT---- Price has fallen from 410-420 in Npv 15 to 190 now

18. mahendra.patankar

19. darth

darth Active Member

Sir, whatever may have been your basis, you are now stuck with a trade gone sour. Everybody has seen value erosion in this carnage. I remember the few members in here who went tom toming this scrip aswell.

I don't have to tell you this but your choices are limited... Cut loss or hold for a recovery. I would suggest just hold. Don't buy more to average it out.

20. darth

darth Active Member

Will add 'not in companies named after God's too'