Stock Query

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Kasam, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Kasam

Kasam New Member

I have buy kaveri seeds @477, For time period 6 month. What i expect ?? Exit or wait

2. Carl Icahn

Carl Icahn Active Member

Best to hold on to the stock I think. Most of the bad news is already in the price. See what happens after Q2 results and then decide:

Cotton woes haunt Kaveri Seed
    The company, usually known to report strong double-digit growth in revenue, saw its sales drop almost 20% in the last quarter

Excessive dependence on one product has proved costly for Kaveri Seed Co. Ltd. The company, usually known to report strong double-digit growth in revenue, saw its sales drop almost 20% in the last quarter. It lost market share for the first time in recent years and warned that cottonseed sales in current fiscal year can be significantly lower than in the previous year.

Unattractive cotton prices and the resultant shift in acreages shrunk the market for cottonseeds. Cottonseed volume fell 26%. The sales would not have been hurt this badly had the company not refrained from participating in high-credit markets, fearing bad debts. The reduction in prices by the Maharashtra government also made it withdraw from the state for brief period, losing sales.

https://www.livemint.com/Money/pNN4vPHDwU3WSCRoGHLaMN/Cotton-woes-haunt-Kaveri-Seed.html

3. New_Investor

New_Investor Active Member

Icahn Sir, Do you mean to say that We should exit from Kaveri seeds stock ?

4. New_Investor

New_Investor Active Member

Icahn Sir, What is your view on Rollatainer? I hold it. After split, it seems to have crashed. Will it fall more or rise again?