DCB or CUB at cmp

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by sandeep1802, Oct 18, 2015.

1. sandeep1802

sandeep1802 Active Member

DCB is crashed around 30%....so at cmp which to accumulate DCB or city union bank

2. vikas chaudhary

vikas chaudhary New Member

I have DCB but after their expansion plan I think there are many other companies in market which can give more and early returns than DCB...... I'm waiting for a little rally to sell it.....

3. sandeep1802

How is city union bank

4. vikas chaudhary

vikas chaudhary New Member

If you compare both city union looks better, after new strategy, market is very suspicious about DCB..... but one should go with Axis or ICICI..... there are chances of early growth and returns....

5. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Both are good stocks. Bad news about DCB is in price. so there may be good gains in future is expansion plan works well. Even if stock go back to original price there is 30-40% gain possible.

kharb and sandeep1802 like this.
  6. nilesh67

nilesh67 New Member

DCB i dont see any near term positives. also management did not stand by it's decision and based on the reaction they partially changed the strategy. i think DCB should head lower apart from relief rallies. the most difficult thing to resurrect is reputation.

sandeep1802 likes this.
  7. nilesh67

nilesh67 New Member

If you look at ICICI bank then all of it's subsidiaries are under one roof. Some companies have demerged and unlocked value for shareholders. so may be in the very long run ICICI can unlock good shareholder value. However, the price at which it is available i am not conformable to enter .

8. nilesh67

nilesh67 New Member

While we are talking about banking Oriental bank of commerce recently made a 5 year low.. i don't know what's with this stock but it hits 300 once every two years. may be it will give 50% returns of not double. I don't think there was much to lose near it's 5 year low of 120's/130's and is a great price to pick up.

9. sandeep1802

@nilesh67 I am agree with that DCB can head lower from here....DCB is a very high profile stock and people are ignoring the fundamentals of CUB...please keep a close watch on CUB and as far as I think it can be a multibagger....

10. Sachin pathak

Sachin pathak Active Member

I dont think their reputation has taken a beating...whats suprising is that the share did not react to their step back on their expansion plans... Maybe there is more to it than meets the eye...maybe somebody wants the price to be depressed

The basic problem with banks like DCB, Laxmi Vilas, CUB is that soon they will face competition from the small and payment banks. payment banks will put pressure on the CASA and small banks on their small ticket lending. Even IDFC's Madhya Pradesh strategy may face competition