Can we get stock picks of these stock wizards in quick time??

Discussion in 'Announcements And Feedback' started by sumitvalecha, Oct 4, 2015.

1. sumitvalecha

sumitvalecha New Member

Hi..firstly i want to congratulate all the people who are putting so much of hard work in putting this together..Thanks a ton and appreciate the great work..Its really inspiring to see these stock wizards stock picking abilities and making millions out of it..

As I'm new to this forum..i have a question..do these picks of stock wizards are posted real time..meaning how much time gap is there between when they pick and when it is posted here.. i see there is a delay when they buy stock and the time it is posted there..in that time stock has run up already..Please guide as to what is the background and how/when you post the stock picks of these wizards? also is there any way by which we get the stock picks of these stock wizards in real time i.e. via following them on twitter/FB or something so that we can take informed decisions..

Thanks
    Sumit

2. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Well, there are three ways that one can come to learn whether an investor has bought or sold a stock:

(i) If the transaction is a "bulk deal" (i.e. the number of shares exceed 0.5% of the total equity). In this situation, the brokerage is required to report the transaction to the stock exchange the same day;

(ii) if the holding crosses 1% of the total equity as at the end of the quarter. In this situation, the company is required to report the shareholding on a quarterly basis to the stock exchange;

(iii) If the holding is below 1% but the investor qualifies as a "top 10 shareholder" as at the end of the year. In this situation, the holding is required to be reported in the Annual Report.

So, if an investor has not bought or sold by way of a bulk deal, there is no way to detect the transaction in "real time". The earliest the public would learn about it is at the end of the quarter (if the holding exceeds 1%) or at the time of the Annual Report (usually in Aug/ Sept of the year) if the investor qualifies as a "top 10 shareholder".

3. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

I would like to add that the fact of purchase by a (renowned) investor should only serve as an impetus for further study into the stock. One should not attempt to "clone" somebody else' purchase in a blind manner. If after the study, one concludes that there is still value left in the stock, one may buy the stock even though time may have elapsed since the investor first bought it. The important aspect is that there should be "self-study" and the arriving of one's own conviction into the merits or otherwise of a stock.

paturi and Navin Gurg like this.
  4. dreamer

dreamer New Member

most often the stock has lost its steam and has risen to a significantly high level by the time we get to hear about it
    but as ms razdan said if one is convinced that the stock may still rise after proper self study then yes- one should jump into it...

5. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

We get ideas of stocks from big investors picks. Then we have to research on own and get convinced whether to buy stock or not. :)

6. MoneyWorks4ME

MoneyWorks4ME Active Member

Wonderfully written

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  7. New_Investor

New_Investor Active Member

I would like to add further. As we don't get the news of the entry of the investor in real time We also don't get the news of the exit of the investor in real time. So when we get the news of his entry, he may have just exited the stock. So self-study is a must. From the news of "purchase by a (renowned) investor", we just come to know that the stock is a good stock since such renowned investor had bought it. But the price may not be good/right (for entry) at this moment. But we can keep a watch on this stock so that we may get a opportunity to enter into this stock in the future. Since markets keep on going up and down. Similarly good quality stocks also do so. However, entry (or exit) price of the renowned investor is not only important, we have also to see due to what other circumstances/ reasons he made his decision to enter (or exit) the stock