Advice about Alok Industries

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by kvjrkrao, Nov 22, 2015.

1. kvjrkrao

kvjrkrao New Member

I have 15000Nos of Alok Industries, holding since 18months. I request members to advice about Alok Industries, whether to hold or exit

2. good stocks

good stocks Active Member

I think Alok might have management /governance issues. Better to to exit ASAP

3. Karthikeyan

Karthikeyan Member

Heard 2 months ago that only around 30% of the weaving capacity is utilised. Not sure of the current status.

4. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

ALOK Ind has become NPA. HOW YOU CAN Invest in such company?

Bankers say Alok Industries had been finding it difficult to service its debt for some quarters. On May 27, ratings agency CARE suspended those it had assigned to the bank facilities and non-convertible debenture (NCD) issues of Alok. It did so as the company did not furnish the information required to monitor the ratings, CARE said.

On October 1, 2014, CARE had also downgraded its rating for Alok's long-term loans and NCDs from BBB to BBB-, with a rise in its receivables as of end-June 2014. The total long-term and short-term exposure of Federal at the time was Rs 18,585 crore. The NCD exposure was around Rs 1,000 crore.

Alok is promoted by the Jiwrajka family. It is an integrated textile company, present across the value chain — cotton spinning, polyester yarn, apparel fabrics, home textiles and garments.

https://www.business-standard.com/a...federal-bank-s-npa-issues-115102200575_1.html

There are so many good stocks to invest in. Why go for junk companies?