gvk power & metalyst forgings

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by malathi, Oct 17, 2015.

1. malathi

malathi New Member

i am invested in huge quantity of GVK power . will the share price recover or not ? i am at a heavy loss now . what about metalyst forgings ? why sudden drop from high to such a low price ?

2. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Hmmm ... Why did you invest in these companies? Were there fundamental factors or technical factors? If they were fundamental factors, I suggest you review them to see whether they are still intact. If the fundamental aspects have changed for the worse, it is better to book a loss and look elsewhere.

3. malathi

malathi New Member

metalyst forgings though has a huge debt , they are only secured loans, which means that they have pledged their holdings , however the reserves have increased compared to last years . then comparing with its peers , it had posted a net profit of 193 cr , second highest next to Bharat forge . so i feel its undervalued and it has potential to rise in future . Good thing about this company is the high level of promoters` stake (54.14%), showing the confidence that they might have, in the future performance of the company.

4. malathi

malathi New Member

regarding GVK power , i believed that the new government would do something for the benefit of the country by giving importance to infra sector . but till now, that sector is not into limelight .however the total promoter shareholding is 54.25% , showing the interest of them and the confidence thay have on the company . moreover , there airport constructions are going on well . News that , " lower gas price and availability of gas for 24000MW idle generation plants GVK GMR Lanco will be major beneficiary.After Adani Coal mines of GVK and lanco soon be cleared in australia" is beneficial for GVK . my analysis may be wrong too. so i request u to analyse and tell me the prospectus