life sciences software

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by mahavishnu, Apr 4, 2015.

1. mahavishnu

mahavishnu New Member

Of the $44 billion that IDC estimates life sciences companies spent on technology in 2012, $28 billion was on software and services and $16 billion was on infrastructure.
    Life sciences total addressable market, including the market segments for sales and marketing automation and related solutions for life sciences sales representatives, regulated content management solutions for life sciences companies, customer master solutions for life sciences companies, and healthcare professional, organization, affiliation and reference data, to be at least $5 billion.
    “I’m not interested in data; I’m interested in translating data into information for decision making. . . . So you take data, you turn it into information, you apply it, and you make better decisions because you know more than anybody else. I think that’s real power —and that was our hidden advantage for years.” – Leonard Schaeffer, Retired CEO, Wellpoint.

Is there any good indian companies in this space.

2. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Hmmm ... interesting. Just off the cuff, there is a company called "Claris Lifesciences". Would that at all fit into what you are looking for?

3. mahavishnu

mahavishnu New Member

No claris life sciences is a pharma manufacturing company. I am talking about software companies catering to life sciences, i.e., pharma, biotech companies. This is a very niche area in software.

4. jarmoney

jarmoney New Member

Veeva systems is the gorilla in the US in this space. All the large pharma companies are standardizing on this globally.

5. mahavishnu

mahavishnu New Member

what do you think about take solutions. Anybody researched? It seems no competitor in India. Tcs is offereing something to this domain.