Aviation industry stocks

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by N.Prakash, Jul 27, 2015.

1. N.Prakash

N.Prakash New Member

Aviation Industry stocks potential upside target in 6 months due to lower crude prices. Jet Airways

2. dineshkapoor27

dineshkapoor27 Active Member

Don't play this game only on the basis of crude prices. The sector overall is bleeding money. Indigo is the only profitable airline so far and AirAsia, Vistara, GoAir etc. run on very thin margins. I suggest you stay away from them. Crude play are the petrochem, Tyre, Paints co.s like JK Tyres, Asian Paints, Reliance etc.

3. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

Spicejet came out with good numbers and having profits partly due to lower crude prices and partly due to higher load factors.

4. dineshkapoor27

dineshkapoor27 Active Member

One qtr being good doesn't make the sector great story. This was probably because it was the holiday season. SpiceJet esp has been a wealth destroyer and a loss making company. Look at its past performance, the debt, promoter change etc. my advice will be that there are better bets out there if you want to play long term. Rest is your decision.

5. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

I was just quoting what I read in news this evening.