Pokarna- is it a worthwhile buy at current levels?

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Sachin pathak, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Sachin pathak

Sachin pathak Active Member

Company had a strong FY15. Followed it up with excellent Q1. Management optimistic about better revenues and margins FY16.

Had planned to buy this arnd Q1 result announcement but it just dropped off my radar.

Views solicited on this one

2. Carl Icahn

Carl Icahn Active Member

I have also had my eye on Pokarna for a long time. In the recent correction, it had slipped to a low of Rs. 854. The management commentary is very strong. They say:

"With this kind of a solid start to the year, what is the kind of revenue and margins that you are hoping to achieve for FY16? A: I can’t give you the number but definitely it will be much better than the last year because of our improved efficiencies and more market penetration we are looking at a much better numbers this year."

Read more at: https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/r...r-pokarna_2107721.html?utm_source=ref_article

The Q2 results are due on 29th October. If the performance is strong, then I intend to start nibbling on the stock.

3. Rahul Arora

Rahul Arora Member

Pokarna's last qtr result was superb...but d management told dat Q2 will b far better dan Q1 as in Q1, some production was hault for few days which will not b in Q2...plz see d links in moneycontrol....must buy b4 Q2 result....result is in next week

4. Sachin pathak

I think the stock offers a good opportunity....

Any contrarian views?

5. Rahul Arora

Rahul Arora Member

Yes...d stk is far below from its 52 week's high due to market correction...buy it b4 result nxt week

6. Sachin pathak

Q2 wasnt inspiring