Help me to create build portfolio

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Raj18, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Raj18

Raj18 New Member

Hello everyone,

I am slowly trying to build portfolio. Bought Ashok Leyland 100 at 95 on brexit day.
    And looking at the following stocks really for long horizon, plz add/modify/suggest me to build well diversified portfolio.

Specialty Chemicals:
    Meghmani Organics and Vinati Organics

Real Estate:
    Anant Raj and HDIL/Sobha/Indiabulls real estate/Ansal Buildwell

Texttiles
    Nitin Spinners
    Arvind

Diversified:
    Emmbi Inds
    MAx ventures Inds

Automotive:
    Jamna Auto Industries
    Exide Ind

NBFC:

Had ujjivan(got in IPO)
    manppuram/L&T Finance

Can invest up to 3 lakhs. Please suggest if any other sector/stocks may work good.

//tks

2. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

What is allocation of capital to stocks? Please give allocation details? Why there are no pharma stock in portfolio and there are so many realty stocks? I think proper balance should be there in portfolio for all sectors. I suggest 25% allocation of capital to Pharma stocks because it is steady grower with free cash flow, debt-free/ low debt, high RoE, good management and good demand for products.

In realty stocks better to go for good companies with low debt, good management and not stocks with high debt and low management quality because risk is very high in sector of black money and unaccounted deals happening.

Your selections of stocks except for realty is good stocks.

3. Raj18

Raj18 New Member

Hi,

Thank you so much for taking time out. Planning to allocate 15% for each sector above. And keep some amount in hand to add if any of the stock goes low levels. Total investment is 3 lakhs.
    When it comes to pharma, not sure to pick which is good--- any suggestion here is very helpful plz.
    And real estate is just hoping do well in current mode, but will add only two out of given. Can we consider godrej properties.
    Please feel free to short out in reality stock please. Mostly two stocks for each sector. Thanks again for time and suggestion.