Top Stock Bets of Small and Mid Cap Funds.

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by kharb, Oct 10, 2015.

1. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

No doubt small and mid cap stocks can multiply our money very fast due to lower base.But this portion of stock is also most risky and full of land mines.Mutual funds have very good process of filtering those .Many of old mid cap funds like Reliance growth,Franklin prima fund,Sunderm select midcap funds etc had given good returns in last aprox 20 years.But now most of these funds have become diversified funds ,and many new more with better performance are there to do the same job.My thread is not about investing in small and mid cap funds although that is also a good idea.Can we look into small and mid cap stocks on which maximum no of five ,four three star rated small and mid cap funds have taken bets? Can we benefit out of their professional expertise selection and select some good long term stories out of that for us .There are many good analysts here and I hope they can filter out few very good stocks on which maximum funds are bullish and our experts also endorse those strories and would like to recommend to all of us .I know for this analysis , all top small mid cap funds top picks analysis has to done and it is a time consuming process.But I have full faith in ability and competence of my dear respected friends.Take your time.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  2. Carl Icahn

Carl Icahn Active Member

3. Sachin pathak

Sachin pathak Active Member

Three cheers to 8k.... Its already a 3x for me

The approach is fine but timing is key. We shouldnt endup chasing and buying stocks which have already runup from the time MF's buy and the information reaches we small time investors

4. bholu

bholu Active Member

its not a bad idea to invest in stocks held by mutual funds as a degree of research has been done but also look at valuations and portfolio allocation

rajesh3945 likes this.
  5. Carl Icahn

Carl Icahn Active Member

I think Camlin Fine Sciences has the potential. It is slowly attracting attention from institutional investors. Here is the latest report from IndiaNivesh.

Camlin Fine Sciences Ltd (CFSL) is one of the India’s leading manufacturers & exporters of Food antioxidant, Fine Chemicals, and Food Grades Products. The company has emergedas niche specialty chemical company with global market leadership in key food antioxidants like TBHQ andBHA.Additionally,itsbreakthroughintowaterbased synthetic (Solvent Free) technology to manufacture GUAIACOL (Raw Material for Vanillin) gathered attention of many MNC blenders and key manufacturer. The products portfolio offered by CFSL is not available with any domestic player and globally also very few competitors exist.We recommend BUY with target price of Rs.136 on CFSL.

Attached Files:

Fun_Da_Mentalist likes this.