My Champion/Pretender Multibagger Stock Pairs

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by vij, Sep 25, 2016.

1. vij

vij Member

I have only started investing into stock market and MF since past 1 year or so... I missed out on a lot of good times apparently. But I was overtly careful as I was in an insecure field for a long time and had to be sure I had built a security net around me. I also had some mental block about the stock market.

Strategy: One blockbuster proven stock and another growing stock that analysts think is the next champion that has the same business model, initial growth and very strong 6 consecutive quarters.

Bajaj Finance (Champion)
    Capital First (Pretender)

Ajanta Pharma (Champion)
    Caplin Point Laboratories (Pretender)

Lloyd electric - OEM AC maker, AC parts maker,cooling products and now getting more into branded consumer electronics. I feel this is at an inflection point now.

IndoCount Industries - Management growth talk is crazy, I hope it does not turn out to be too good to be true. Also I wonder if it will get orders that Welspun will surely lose.

8k Miles Software - Cloud tech play, a wild one perhaps

Talk me out. Talk me into.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  2. saturn

saturn Member

Where is the balance going to be invested in? With the kind of planned investment per month, You should have a few Investment Advisors chasing you already. Why look in here?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  3. vij

vij Member

@saturn
    There are enough experts on TV and I have read many of the top pick stories and what not. Investment advisors are overrated considering the digital age we live in imo. I work from home a lot of the time - I have time for research and enjoy it. I like discussing and getting opinions. Isn't that what this forum is for.

Removed that money info , so as to keep this thread earnest. Pl edit that out from your post too if you can.

Do you have any views about the stocks?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  4. saturn

saturn Member

I hold a few (both champions and pretenders) stocks you list. So both Bajaj and Capital First, Caplin and 8k

Prefer Aurobindo to Ajanta and Vardhaman to Indocount ( probably my preferred stocks will not give blazing results)

8k and Caplin which I hold - 8K it seems to have plateaued out and Caplin rich valuations currently (high PE, P/BV etc but probably reflects its small cap high growth potential). But I have booked profits in both recently anticipating a correction and given the volatile geo-political situation

PS: Edited my earlier post as requested