shall i buy sun pharma at current levels ?

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by stockjeet18, Apr 21, 2015.

1. stockjeet18

stockjeet18 Member

Suggest.....

2. bholu

bholu Active Member

this is bit complicated...Sun pharma has had a dream run...and it is the one of most expensive Nifty stocks hitting lifetime highs...the merger would have increased the total equity base...also Daichi exiting soon after the merger suggests their exit was planned and they were not willing to continue in the management as indicated earlier...but the merger would bring synergies and Sun is on really a very strong footing, especially in dealing with USFDA which was the bane for Ranbaxy...I feel the stock will correct further...I suggest you wait till the results...they will declare combined results and give forward guidance...that maybe a good time to invest, atleast you will have the entire information

3. stockjeet18

stockjeet18 Member

Thank u ji ...i added some today if it go down then i will add further...

4. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Sun Pharma has always been on a "dream run" and has been perpetually "expensive" for as long as I can remember. This is likely to continue in future as well given the top-quality management and the earnings visibility.

The stock may pause to digest some of the gains it has accumulated before resuming its march. Also, the merger with Ranbaxy could throw up issues that may prove to be a temporary impediment.

Blue chip stocks of such pedigree are meant for "buy and forget" sort of investors. These are like investing in Gilt bonds where you don't have to keep checking the daily situation.

However, there is obviously a price to be paid for that comfort and security. The gains from the stock will probably be moderate compared to that of its smaller peers. That's a choice every investor has to take.

5. stockjeet18

stockjeet18 Member

Thank u mam ...

6. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator